Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by PDACPA
    I cant get it to try it out! Is there a way to post files on VC? I would luv to try it out.
    It's still there. here is the link:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...49&prodID=5512
  2.    #42  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

...There's not a way to hide tabs, right?
    No, I already looked for that.
    Did a Silver search as opposed to using the link on this discussion forum

PDA@aacpas.com
    Originally posted by satcs
    I thought the changes pocketsensei made were good. I only see complainers here. They seem to be making positive changes and continue to try and make it better. The scrolling does not seem to fast. Maybe some of you need new eye prescriptions.

As for me, I say good job on Silverscreen, Pocketsensei!!!!
    So, satcs, how's the rest of the staff at PocketSensei?
    I too feel that the changes are mostly cosmetic. Also, I think the $9.95 upgrade price is a little steep given that I do not feel that it provides additional functionality. I think I'll wait on upgrading. I also found the ticker to scroll too fast to read and noticed that it still "forgets" where you have categorized applications that reside on SpringBoard modules unless you exit Silver Screen before you remove the module. (BTW Launcher III does not do this). Finally, I also would like the ability to hide icons.

We have been complaining but I think we are evaluating an upgrade with regard to its benefits and disadvantages. I would hope that PocketSensi reads what is written and takes care of the issues in future releases.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
  6.    #46  
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs
    Is anybody having this problem?

the grayscale setting isn't staying set. If I set the gray levels from Options|Gray Levels to a desired level, then go to another app and back to SS, the gray levels have changed back to lighter then what I set. The slider stays in the same place but the level is just lower. I then have to move the slider up one notch and back down, then my gray levels are back to what I set them to.

Try it out, see if you have the same problem. Set the gray levels to be really dark, then go to another program and back. Did you gray levels stay dark or did they reset to a lighter shade?

Originally posted by dietrichbohn

Yep, I noticed that I was adjusting the contrast all the time also... I've given up on SS now and will wait until some fixes comes out.
    ***UPDATE***
    I just got the following email from PocketSensei regarding this issue:

Dear Steve,

The gray levels was originally intended to help users with hard to see screens, usually older devices. In SS 2.0 we decided to drop support for OS 3.5 or better because it was unnecessary.

The gray levels will be coming back shortly.

Best regards,
    Support
    --

PocketSensei

Thought you might like to know....
    Hmmm, im not complaining, over all i like the new features...but one thing gets me.....

I have an 8meg module in my DLX, and occasionally SS2.0 dumps everything in it into the Unfiled category - or doesnt read my module at all. I have to exit out of Silver, back into pOS, and then re-run Silver - then recategorize all my apps from the module.

Is anyone else experiencing this dillema?
  8.    #48  
    Originally posted by mavr1k west
    Hmmm, im not complaining, over all i like the new features...but one thing gets me.....

I have an 8meg module in my DLX, and occasionally SS2.0 dumps everything in it into the Unfiled category - or doesnt read my module at all. I have to exit out of Silver, back into pOS, and then re-run Silver - then recategorize all my apps from the module.

I've seen this even with the apps in the internal memory. There's a file called SilverTric which (I believe) holds the information as to which category each app is in. This file seems to get screwed up on occasion and has to be recreated. I used to have this problem with SS 1.98 but haven't had it yet with SS 2.0. You are not alone....
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

I've seen this even with the apps in the internal memory. There's a file called SilverTric which (I believe) holds the information as to which category each app is in. This file seems to get screwed up on occasion and has to be recreated. I used to have this problem with SS 1.98 but haven't had it yet with SS 2.0. You are not alone....
    Fhew....ya,it takes me awhile to recatorgarize all the apps..i have alot of em..its good to know im not alone in this - i think ill pass an email to PS

Thx
  10.    #50  

Fhew....ya,it takes me awhile to recatorgarize all the apps..i have alot of em..its good to know im not alone in this - i think ill pass an email to PS

Thx
    Better that you send the email then me. I've sent so many off (for problems I'm having or other user's issues) that I think they hate me now.

Does this only occur when you remove the module? If this is the case, you have to exit SS and then remove the module or else this happens. I sent them a note concerning this and they said they were aware of the problem.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    Originally posted by Pathdoc

Does this only occur when you remove the module? If this is the case, you have to exit SS and then remove the module or else this happens. I sent them a note concerning this and they said they were aware of the problem.
    Well of course it does it after removing the module, but what i mean is that it does it regardless if i remove it or not..meaning the module is still in and it still does it.

But i sent an email to PS, probably nothing they can do, still overall a great gui, and a great update.
    I, too, am using SC 1.9.8 and last time I restored from my Backup Module, all files are listed under the Unfiled category. I just purchased SC2.0, I hope that it will go away.
  14.    #54  
    Originally posted by SpeakerCoach
    I, too, am using SC 1.9.8 and last time I restored from my Backup Module, all files are listed under the Unfiled category. I just purchased SC2.0, I hope that it will go away.
    I've had the same problem, too.

For some reason it doesn't seem like the SilverTric.pdb file gets saved. I know it does because the backup module saves the entire memory. But there's no explanation for the issue.
    After reading all of the praise, I installed the eval version on my m505. It is fast.

I installed ChromaCast and a color theme. I set the color depth to 16-bit and started having probelms when switching between the tabs and icons at the bottom of the screen. The bottom area of the screen is totally trashed.

At this point, I'm not impressed. I may try it again 'cause the speed is great, but being able to see the screen is nice too.
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    I installed ChromaCast and a color theme. I set the color depth to 16-bit and started having probelms when switching between the tabs and icons at the bottom of the screen. The bottom area of the screen is totally trashed.

At this point, I'm not impressed. I may try it again 'cause the speed is great, but being able to see the screen is nice too.
    Some people are so picky. So you cant see the screen. Are you going to lose out on this terrific product based on one little flaw. What else is wrong in this otherwise flawless product. Nothing. NOTHING!!!!No software is perfect you know. Live in the real world dude. There are always "tradeoffs." Even you admit how fast it is. Speed over seeing the screen anyday.

You are probrobly some Launch Em troll, admit it. ADMIT IT!!! Sure with Launch Em you can see the screen. But what good is it to see the screen, if you have to wait 3 agonizingly long seconds for it to start up. So go back to the LaunchEm thread and grpe about Silverscreen there. I'm sure your fellow "LaunchEmers" will enjoy hearing you bash this AWESOME product. Just dont bring it here. Whiners like you just burn me up.

(OK so my post makes no sense. But there has been not a single flame in this thread. I figure one was due so I'm doing my part.)
    Last edited by ByinHi; 06/22/2001 at 05:02 AM.
    I like the look of Silver and the changing themes (not sure how Kroma works with it but hey I dont program) but one thing I miss from Lauchem is the gadgets at the bottom of the screen. I could press one button and hide/show private records as well as the lock and turn off. I see that Silver has the lock and turn off, but is there a way to press one button from the launcher screen to hide/show private records?

PDA@aacpas.com
    Originally posted by ByinHi

Some people are so picky. So you cant see the screen. Are you going to lose out on this terrific product based on one little flaw. What else is wrong in this otherwise flawless product. Nothing. NOTHING!!!!No software is perfect you know. Live in the real world dude. There are always "tradeoffs." Even you admit how fast it is. Speed over seeing the screen anyday.

You are probrobly some Launch Em troll, admit it. ADMIT IT!!! Sure with Launch Em you can see the screen. But what good is it to see the screen, if you have to wait 3 agonizingly long seconds for it to start up. So go back to the LaunchEm thread and grpe about Silverscreen there. I'm sure your fellow "LaunchEmers" will enjoy hearing you bash this AWESOME product. Just dont bring it here. Whiners like you just burn me up.

(OK so my post makes no sense. But there has been not a single flame in this thread. I figure one was due so I'm doing my part.)
    I am so ashamed.

Yes I love Launch 'Em. Especially the meditation breaks that I get while it starts.

Seriously, the first decent launcher that supports VFS gets my vote. The spec and ROMs have been out for developers for over six months. Real units have been shipping with it for almost a year (Sony). Palm OS4 units have bee shipping for over two months. It isn't that tough to support (I wrote a test program to use it in about an hour). I can't believe that nobody has added support for it.

BTW - I'm hoping for Launcher III.
    Well, I just got an email stating that the ticker speed can not be controlled in version 2.0 but, will be in future versions. I'll just wait for version 2.1 I guess. The ticker goes so fast on my Visor Edge that all the words blur together.
  20.    #60  
    It looks as if PocketSensei silently posted an update to Silverscreen at PalmGear.com. Do a search for SilverScreen and you'll find a listing for SilverScreen 2.0.2

When I downloaded 2.0 when it came out I don't remember the "0.2" as the version. Maybe it's been there for a while.

Looks like a minor update release to ver 2.0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123