1.    #1  
    I am looking to buy a Crimson 680 and I am trying to see if anyone else has purchased a refurbished 680 from AT&T?

They have them for $129 on the website, so I want to know if it is worth the try or not?!
    the refurbs from AT&T have a 3 month warranty, usually these are customer returns of people that had the unit for less then 30 days and are as good as new. The nice thing is no rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by supamanning18 View Post
    I am looking to buy a Crimson 680 and I am trying to see if anyone else has purchased a refurbished 680 from AT&T?

They have them for $129 on the website, so I want to know if it is worth the try or not?!
    Just got mine for $79 thru my corporate account. It appears to be as good as new. Working smoothly so far. So far, I have nothing negative to report about my Crimson refurb 680. But the night is young and Palm's have capacity for glitches that should I never underestimate!
    -- Josh
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Just got mine for $79 thru my corporate account. It appears to be as good as new. Working smoothly so far. So far, I have nothing negative to report about my Crimson refurb 680. But the night is young and Palm's have capacity for glitches that should I never underestimate!
    -- Josh

Funny thing is... I paid $129 and then realized I was eligible for the premiere. I placed the order and 10 minutes later I called back and they said the order was processed and I couldnt cancel. I was like okay!

Well... i am hoping it will be A OK!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have an artic white that I bought direct from Palm and a refurb grey from ATT and it was as perfect as the new one from Palm. I have bought several PDA phones from ATT as refurbs and they have always been perfect.

greg
    Not totally satisfied with my referb 680. Mine was a warranty replacement, and it has more scratches and such than the one I sent back.

It works... but the phone I sent back was in better condition, except for the warranty issue.
    I gotta say, I love refurbished products. I have had nothing but good luck with them so far, and the deals are amazing.

- Treo 680 Crimson ATT refurb this week for $79, working well and in new condition

- Apple MacBook recently, listed at $1299, purchased refurb $949

- a couple years ago, Fujitsu 5030D tablet, listed at $2400, purchased refurb $770.

- a couple years before that, Dell c400 subnotebook, listed $3000, purchased refurb for appx. $1050.

- last fall, Apple Airport Express base station, listed at $99, purchased refurb $79.

All these products came as if brand new. In my opinion and experience, if there's going to be a problem with any tech item, new or refurb, it's going to be evident quickly if it's there at all, so I don't mind the usual shorter warranty periods on most of these products. If they are buggy, they are buggy right away out of the box, and can be returned. But they've never been buggy so far. And I like buying direct from manufacturer because I get warranty and customer support by doing so.

-- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    In my opinion and experience, if there's going to be a problem with any tech item, new or refurb, it's going to be evident quickly if it's there at all, so I don't mind the usual shorter warranty periods on most of these products. If they are buggy, they are buggy right away out of the box, and can be returned.
    Not always true. The treo headphone jack is an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons View Post
    That's true. But that was a design flaw on basically every Treo 650. You could buy it new or used or refurb, and all of 'em had a good chance of breaking over the first year or two. Mine sure did! (that's a big reason why I wanted new Treo after 3 years of my 650)
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons View Post
    Hmmm, that reminds me to ask about this for the 680... new thread.
    -- Josh
    Bought a Crimson refurb for my wife a couple of months ago. Works great. No problems. She loves it.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the responses. Made me feel alot more comfortable about ordering a refurb!

It is due on my porch today, so I will let you guys know how that works out!

I keep coming back to Treo and Palm. Went with the 650, then the 680, htc 3125 and back to a 680. Then to a iPhone (POS), then to a Treo 750 and now with a HTC s621, but I cannot leave the Treo family!

I am just in love with the form factor, the keyboard.. considering it doesnt make that dern clicking sound that bad when you text. And I prefer Palm OS over Windows mobile!
    Thanks for all the responses. Made me feel alot more comfortable about ordering a refurb!

It is due on my porch today, so I will let you guys know how that works out!

I keep coming back to Treo and Palm. Went with the 650, then the 680, htc 3125 and back to a 680. Then to a iPhone (POS), then to a Treo 750 and now with a HTC s621, but I cannot leave the Treo family!

I am just in love with the form factor, the keyboard.. considering it doesnt make that dern clicking sound that bad when you text. And I prefer Palm OS over Windows mobile!
    Wow, you kept leaving the Palm OS that many times.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Wow, you kept leaving the Palm OS that many times.
    Yea I know..

You know how you see a new phone and want it. Make the plunge and it just doesnt stack up to Palm OS! Ughh... peer pressure... well cell pressue!
  15.    #15  
    Alright got the treo today!

Looks great..

However, I have one quick question. I put the battery in and tried to turn it on... nothing!

I read that you have to charge it completely before you turn it on! Does that mean it will not even power up until it has a complete full charge?? Cause its on charge now and i hit the power on button and got nothing! Is it that dead???
  16.    #16  
    Just got off the phone with tech support.. ughh... gotta send this one back. They are rush delivering me another one, so thats not too bad!

Hopefully the next one will be A OK!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Both of them looked as brand new. Not a single scratch in them. I believe these come directly from Palm. Bought them when still at $79. They raised the price to $129 due to the Centro being offered brand new for $99.
    Just got off the phone with tech support.. ughh... gotta send this one back. They are rush delivering me another one, so thats not too bad!

Hopefully the next one will be A OK!
    erm, did you put the battery in and just plug in the charger and leave it alone?

Anywho, my wife had a 650 refurb and never a problem with it. It had about 6000 minutes on the life timer too, so not sure what would have been wrong with it to go back, but she never had a problem.
    correct - must be charged for a while to refresh the battery...unless ur unit came DOA