1.    #1  
    Where are you guys downloading ms exchange software? Will it work with versamail or do I need a new program?
    Mike
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Are you trying to get your email to connect to an exchange server?
    It will work through Versamail.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    it'll work well with chattermail - only reliable email app i've found
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    it'll work well with chattermail - only reliable email app i've found
    I use versamail with EAS and it works fine...
    Set up Versamail and our MS Exchange server and it runs like clockwork. The direct push was the only thing missing for me. Now, I am really happy with this new Palm. I need to update my signature.
    IIIc-iPaq 3500, 3900, 2200, 4300-i705-SX56,SX66-T-T2-TC-600-650-8125-8525-8700-Pearl-680-iPhone-Tilt-AT&T Centro

There cant be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Quote Originally Posted by electroman View Post
    Set up Versamail and our MS Exchange server and it runs like clockwork. The direct push was the only thing missing for me. Now, I am really happy with this new Palm. I need to update my signature.
    You can set it to auto sync which is the same as push...I have mine for every 15min.
  8. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You can set it to auto sync which is the same as push...I have mine for every 15min.
    No it isn't...
  9.    #9  
    OK...I am confused...Versamail has EAS option but the setup doesn't look like an exchange profile setup like you would have on a ppc.

Can someone walk me through this?
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    OK...I am confused...Versamail has EAS option but the setup doesn't look like an exchange profile setup like you would have on a ppc.

Can someone walk me through this?

When you create a new account, just select Exchange Active Sync as the account type. You then put in the server information that you get from your IT department. For the most part, it's just like setting up a POP or IMAP account except you won't have an incoming and outgoing server setting. It will be one server location. Once you have the server name and SSL settings (if any) you are set to go.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    When you create a new account, just select Exchange Active Sync as the account type. You then put in the server information that you get from your IT department. For the most part, it's just like setting up a POP or IMAP account except you won't have an incoming and outgoing server setting. It will be one server location. Once you have the server name and SSL settings (if any) you are set to go.
    OK...my settings are:

Servername: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com
    username: xxxxxx@mail2web.com
    Domain: ad2

How would these settings be added in the EAS setup? THey don't seem to fit.
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    OK...my settings are:

Servername: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com
    username: xxxxxx@mail2web.com
    Domain: ad2

How would these settings be added in the EAS setup? THey don't seem to fit.
    well you don't need the ad2 just do a new setup and when you get to the drop down that has the EAS option just select it. Then add your email and password and on the next screen your server name and you should be all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    well you don't need the ad2 just do a new setup and when you get to the drop down that has the EAS option just select it. Then add your email and password and on the next screen your server name and you should be all set.
    For our settings, we have to put the domain in front of our username:
    Username: domain/username
    Mail Server: xxxxx.xxxxxx.org
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    For ours, it is "smtp.xxxxxxxxxxx.com", user name and password. Really simple. Still loving the direct push "as message arrives" ability. Works as well as Blackberries without the BES.
    IIIc-iPaq 3500, 3900, 2200, 4300-i705-SX56,SX66-T-T2-TC-600-650-8125-8525-8700-Pearl-680-iPhone-Tilt-AT&T Centro

For our settings, we have to put the domain in front of our username:
    Username: domain/username
    Mail Server: xxxxx.xxxxxx.org
    Why do you have to put your domain before your user name? you should have a server specific address that points directly to that server. Do you have multible domains on your exchange server?

For ours, it is "smtp.xxxxxxxxxxx.com", user name and password. Really simple. Still loving the direct push "as message arrives" ability. Works as well as Blackberries without the BES.
    haha your server admin just uses your smtp.xxx server for push... Thats the easy way of doing it .. not that setting up a mobile.xxxx is any harder but I've just never seen anyone do that before.
    Just getting it done was the trick. I went through all kinds of mis-information setting up a PPC. I guessed on this one and it worked. I put the actual server name in as required and it never worked. Now half the company uses that set up on Palms and PPC's. Fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by electroman View Post
    Just getting it done was the trick. I went through all kinds of mis-information setting up a PPC. I guessed on this one and it worked. I put the actual server name in as required and it never worked. Now half the company uses that set up on Palms and PPC's. Fun stuff.

Yeah it was a chore to figure out how to get my phones to work with the push.. but this article on palms site is really what helped me out:http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...essage.id=1422

If your company uses a certificate thats on versamails cert list then you are good to go but if not like me (since I'm the owner/operator of my exchange server) it was difficult to get my server added for ssl.
  18.    #18  
    OK...got it working and tested it today. Battery life is significantly better using EAS compared to IMAP "always on" with Chatteremail.

Very happy.
    Mike