1.    #1  
    ok so someone in my local area has a treo 650 that is with Verizon and it will send txt messages, but not receive them. it will only receive them after it is restarted.

it was suggested by a version store for the treo to be completely be wiped out and start fresh.

so i suggested a zero-out reset, but will the phone have to be activated after that? i am guessing it will have to be. how would i go about re-activating the same number on the phone? i have no experience with Verizon.

is there a way to reset it without having to re-activate it or if not are there instructions on line on how to activate it?
  2.    #2  
    i found this:
    enter #*#000000# then press send
    This will allow you to re-program the phone number. Use this if you are planning to sell your phone and don't want the buyer to see your number.

will this work to put there number back on the phone after a zero-out reset?

also if i do a hard reset will it erase there phone number?
    Once a phone number is activated with a certain ESN# on a phone, any type of reset will not deactivate that phone. Resets (hard or zero out) only rest the ROM back to factory fresh state, it does not affect whether your carrier has activated the phone or not. If that phone also had a data plan attached, you may have to go to the Network screen under Preferences and re-enter the data plan username and password.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Once a phone number is activated with a certain ESN# on a phone, any type of reset will not deactivate that phone. Resets (hard or zero out) only rest the ROM back to factory fresh state, it does not affect whether your carrier has activated the phone or not. If that phone also had a data plan attached, you may have to go to the Network screen under Preferences and re-enter the data plan username and password.
    thanks allot, that is what i needed