Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had a Treo 650 since February of '05 and love it. In a momentary lapse of judgement I bought a Treo 650 in December of '06 but didn't like it and had terrible problems with battery drain and reception, so I went back to the 650. I travel extensively all over the country in my job, so I needed the best reception I could get. The 680 is sitting in a drawer collecting dust.

I will greatly appreciate comments from anyone who has traded a 650 or 680 for the Centro and their level of satisfaction with the Centro. My provider is AT&T. TIA.
    wait you had treo 650 and you bought another treo 650?
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
  3.    #3  
    No, I went back to my "old" 650.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack View Post
    wait you had treo 650 and you bought another treo 650?
    I think he meant he bought a 680 but didnīt like it and went back to the 650
  5.    #5  
    I had my original 650, then bought a 680 but didn't like it and went back to using my original 650. Sorry for the typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    I've had a Treo 650 since February of '05 and love it. In a momentary lapse of judgement I bought a Treo 650 in December of '06 but didn't like it and had terrible problems with battery drain and reception, so I went back to the 650. I travel extensively all over the country in my job, so I needed the best reception I could get. The 680 is sitting in a drawer collecting dust.

I will greatly appreciate comments from anyone who has traded a 650 or 680 for the Centro and their level of satisfaction with the Centro. My provider is AT&T. TIA.
    lolz. I was just giving the TS a hard time.

My opinion. Treo 650 is a fantastic phone. I used that phone and loved it every second of it. But it wasn't a stable phone at all. crashed on me all the time. Bluetooth is very picky. Lack of features here and there. So I've joined the dark side of WM. Now I just bought this centro phone to give a shot back at Palm. So far so good. Haven't found any issues yet but then again I just got the phone and haven't loaded any softwares yet. So far I love the interface. Better form factor. better speaker you can hear very well without volumecare. Not very picky on bluetooth headset like treo 650.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
  7.    #7  
    Glad you're liking the Centro. After tiring of daily anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-adware and anti-everything Emails, I junked my Dell Windows laptop and got an Apple MacBook. I love it. And I now HotSync my Treo 650 with it by Bluetooth! No more cable to carry around, and sometimes the HotSync button on the cable wouldn't work, driving me nuts when I'm on the road. The 650 also works great with the new BlueAnt super-light earpiece I recently bought - I highly recommend it. I can't even tell it's in my ear.

It's like I have a brand-new Treo! I don't use Palm Desktop but use Missing Sync... it's great!

After reading TreoCentral's extensive review of the Centro, I don't think I would enjoy an advantage by upgrading. I'll wait until Palm comes out with something better than the Centro. Thanks for your comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack View Post
    Treo 650 is a fantastic phone. I used that phone and loved it every second of it. But it wasn't a stable phone at all. crashed on me all the time.
    Ditto here. Had my 650 since early '04, and although it's been pretty stable for most things, the network side of things got progressively less so, eventually getting to the point where I could hardly retrieve a half-dozen emails or browse a couple of web pages before it would lock solid and require a soft reset. Towards the end I could remove the holster, back cover, and stylus, hit the reset button, and put it all back together in about 30 seconds, but it was a major PITA to have to keep doing so. But despite all that, I refused to go to the Dark Side, and soldiered on in reduced functionality mode, waiting patiently for the next generation. When the Centro became available for AT&T, I was busting down the doors of my local AT&T store the next morning.

I'm very happy with the upgrade - the 650 was a good workhorse but it's time had come. All my apps came across perfectly with the exception of ProfileCare, which is not compatible with the Centro and has not been updated for a while.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    good that you can resist. I can't help but go to the dark side. heh. Still having the TILT WM phone and using it mainly. Centro is for only backup phone but so far I like it
    FWIW, I owned a GSM 650 for years before switching to Sprint (SERO plan) and the Centro.

The Centro is what the 680 and 755p should have been. It's a real upgrade from a 650 in size, features, and stability. That said, it really shines on Sprint's EVDO network - I don't know if I'd bother to go to a non-3G GSM Centro.
    Is Centro worth trading a 650? Yes
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Good to hear these things. I use the Tilt now and still keep looking back to the 680 and 650. I like the "one handed" ease of use and the Tilt just doesn't do that. However, it does do a lot of other great things. I noticed that the Centro can use direct push with exchange. If that is so, I may be moving back to Palm.
    IIIc-iPaq 3500, 3900, 2200, 4300-i705-SX56,SX66-T-T2-TC-600-650-8125-8525-8700-Pearl-680-iPhone-Tilt-AT&T Centro

There cant be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Did you just hot synch the new Centro to your previous data or did you re-install the apps individually?
    Mark Bergman
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I recently moved from a 650 to a Centro and it is awesome. I love being able to listen to internet radio wherever I am, including in the car. I'm kind of surprised it can keep up while switching towers. And the data speed is awesome. There are so many more reasons. The main reason I switched was because I was getting sick of the giant phone. Plus when you add a rubber case it gets even bigger. So the Centro's size is awesome. And I got the protector that just sticks onto the Centro, I forget what it's called. It's that 3M stuff that you can put on the front of your car to protect it from rocks. The only bad thing I will say is that with smaller size comes more hand cramps. It is harder for me so I can't imagine what some dude with giant hands would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    Did you just hot synch the new Centro to your previous data or did you re-install the apps individually?
    I installed my apps manually, plus my Saved Preferences from the 650. Gave me a chance to cull out a few bits of dross that I was no longer using and which might have been contributing to the 650's instability.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I've had my GSM Centro for 2 days now. Before that, I had been using a GSM Treo 650 since July 05. I really like that it's a much smaller phone (my main reason for the upgrade). And it is more stable - I had to turn the phone function off on my 650 before every bluetooth hotsync or it would reset. The battery life isn't as great as the 650 though, it drains faster but I can live with charging it daily (instead of once every 3-4 days).
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Had my Centro for 3 months now. My trusty 650 went to my daughter. I haven't looked back. Love it so far. The only thing is the battery life, while sufficient for my needs, is shorter that what I was getting out of my 650 with the Seidio extended life battery. Other than that, much faster, tons of memory, better camera, brighter screen, more reliable, lighter and less bulky..... I haven't missed my 650, other than a few nostalgic moments when I see my daughter playing with the one I gave her.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Cingular/AT&T Treo 650 > Sprint Centro:

+Greatly faster network performance
    +Better sound quality
    +Much more memory
    +Fewer crashes
    +Nice form-factor
    +Inexpensive

-Battery can't make it through the day (with Chatter email)
    -Building penetration of Sprint (CDMA) poor compared to Cingular/AT&T (GSM)
    -Still crashes often, especially with poor reception and while receiving calls

My $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
    -Battery can't make it through the day (with Chatter email)
    Yeah, my only gripe is battery life. If someone makes an improved battery that's the same size I'll be all over it.

Friday I had a decent amount of emails. By the time I went to bed the battery was down to about 30% - no calls that day. I'm gonna wait a while to decide if I can live with the battery life.
    Since the Centro uses the same hotsync and power cables as the 650, and will recharge by either means, I just hook it up to my laptop or plug it into my car adapter if it starts to get low during the day. No extra purchases necessary.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast