1.    #1  
    After about 2 weeks of playing around with my new Treo, I'd like to think that the battery should've settled by now ...

Palm advertised figure are total bull****!
    Up to 300 hours stand-by? Under what kind of "ideal conditions"?
    I know this has been discussed over and over again ... but still ...

GSM on, BT on, IR on, full charge down to warning at ~8% : 28 hours!
    GSM off, BT off, IR off, full charge down to warning at ~9% : almost 60 hours!

I mean what the hell ? With GSM off, it should be like a PALM handheld, as far as power consumption goes...

A T|X on standby since a full charge on saturday still shows 100% battery. And it has the same CPU and double the memory.

What is draining the Treo battery so fast? Without the phone on? Is it software? ROM I mean, because I also did a hard reset and installed nothing for the test.

Anybody figured out some tweaks (other then the common sense recommendations on palm.com) to improve on the battery life?
    out of curiosity, what ROM does your Treo use?
    It could be to do with REM Sleep & Sleep

I have a background app which will stop my Treo680 going into full Sleep. Instead it stays in REM Sleep, and drains the battery while the unit is off.

So I have to leave that app switched off, unless I really need it.

I found this problem while using Power Hero?
    http://hobbyistsoftware.com/power-hero-more.php

If you don't have Power Hero, you can install it for a trial period.
    Then checkout the logging feature.

Power hero also has a drain log feature which can prove helpful:
    http://wiki.hobbyistsoftware.com/wiki/Power_Hero_Tips
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    It could be to do with REM Sleep & Sleep

I have a background app which will stop my Treo680 going into full Sleep. Instead it stays in REM Sleep, and drains the battery while the unit is off.

So I have to leave that app switched off, unless I really need it.

I found this problem while using Power Hero?
    http://hobbyistsoftware.com/power-hero-more.php

If you don't have Power Hero, you can install it for a trial period.
    Then checkout the logging feature.

Power hero also has a drain log feature which can prove helpful:
    http://wiki.hobbyistsoftware.com/wiki/Power_Hero_Tips
    I hadn't, but I might check out Power Hero myself.. I know most of my power goes into Chatter, but curious about the rest.. Seems I see 6%/hr when I used only see 4%/hr with the same configuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrixnet View Post

GSM off, BT off, IR off, full charge down to warning at ~9% : almost 60 hours!

I mean what the hell ? With GSM off, it should be like a PALM handheld, as far as power consumption goes...
    Interesting. I have a spare 680 here I'm playing with. I did a hard reset, then update to 1.12, charged it up, installed battery graph and let it go.

IR On, BT & GSM off and no sim card fitted. I only wake it up twice a day to check the battery level, but 20 days in I've still got over 45% left. So it is pretty much like an old PALM handheld if you use it as one

My day to day phone with IR off, GSM and BT on I get about a day and a half with moderate usage (10 SMS and about 40 calls)
    A heavy day (50 SMS and 70 calls) will knock the battery out in about 6 hours.
    I just installed Chatter, using IMAP, and I'm amazed at how much faster my battery drains. Instant email is nice, but you definitely pay the price in battery life.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I just installed Chatter, using IMAP, and I'm amazed at how much faster my battery drains. Instant email is nice, but you definitely pay the price in battery life.
    Yeah, but it's as good as it can possibly get if you set the settings in the prefs to use the least power.

But yes, going from an offline phone that's doing 'nothing' to idle imap, you'll see your power go from about .5%/hr to 4-5%/hr