1.    #1  
    All of these are post-Firmware Upgrade.

I have been hard reseting and restoring the past couple of days tyring to figure out the most stable settings for my Treo.

Wierd radio behaviour i have started to notice....

My cell radio turning off spontaneously (the yellow Sprint powerin off screen).
    At first i thought it was because of SOftick Audio Gateway... because it normally happens when the BT connection gets cut off for some reason, my phone hangs and then suddenly goes to the powering off splash screen. However past weeks, it has begun happening even when not using my BT stereo headset. It happens even if Audio Gateway is not on. I called Palm Support about this and they say it has something to do with the Power Supply of the Phone, and that i can get it replaced and returned.... ok fine...

but i started experimenting more...

When my bluetooth is on, and i do a reset, the Palm screen goes black/off when it comes to the phone turning on part of the reset
    On the other hand, if the BT is off, it resets normally. Try it on your 755. Let me know if this is a consistent finding.

This got me thinking... is it really just because the BT radio of the Palm OS is poorly implemented that the bluetooth and cell radio seems to compete for the power, so when something goes wrong with one of them, the other is utterly affected.With reports of soft resets in this forum related to Bluetooth use, I am starting to think this has something to do with it.

The Treo finds the Sprint Network Signal much quicker when the reset is from a hard reset
    Meaning with no other apps installed. You guys try it too. Its like it takes 3 times longer for the SPrint network to be found with all my other apps installed.

Some insight will be appreciated from Palm software developers or Engineers to help explain this.
    Last edited by bulls96; 02/28/2008 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    ...When my bluetooth is on, and i do a reset, the Palm screen goes black/off when it comes to the phone turning on part of the reset
    On the other hand, if the BT is off, it resets normally. Try it on your 755. Let me know if this is a consistent finding...
    Very interesting observation, and while I noticed sometimes my screen would be off when the phone was turning on, I didn't know why.

My Verizon 755P is behaving the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    The Treo finds the Sprint Network Signal much quicker when the reset is from a hard reset
    Meaning with no other apps installed. You guys try it too. Its like it takes 3 times longer for the SPrint network to be found with all my other apps installed.
    You mean when it finds the network right after a reset and the phone radio turns on?

Don't some processes happen in that time frame, such as app locking, etc? If so that would kinda make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    You mean when it finds the network right after a reset and the phone radio turns on?

Don't some processes happen in that time frame, such as app locking, etc? If so that would kinda make sense.
    I totally skimmed over this comment...I agree with Papped. The more stuff you have installed the longer that reboot is going to take.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I agree with both of you. It will take longer to boot with more apps, but I experience the same delay when bluetooth is on as bulls96 is experiencing. I will play with it this weekend and see if I get any other results..,.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  6.    #6  

I meant the part where the upper left corner of the screen says "Network Search...". I didnt mean the reset per se but the part of the reset after the phone turns on where it looks for the network. It searches for a network much longer with the different apps installed.

That may be what you meant Just pointing it out
    My cell radio turning off spontaneously (the yellow Sprint powerin off screen).
    At first i thought it was because of SOftick Audio Gateway... because it normally happens when the BT connection gets cut off for some reason, my phone hangs and then suddenly goes to the powering off splash screen. However past weeks, it has begun happening even when not using my BT stereo headset. It happens even if Audio Gateway is not on. I called Palm Support about this and they say it has something to do with the Power Supply of the Phone, and that i can get it replaced and returned.... ok fine...
    I've never seen this problem. Maybe if your phone is not properly charging or it thinks it is low on battery for some reason. I believe the radio automatically turns off when the battery gets low.

I would take them up on the free battery just because you get a new battery with longer lifespan for nothing.
    I've never seen this problem. Maybe if your phone is not properly charging or it thinks it is low on battery for some reason. I believe the radio automatically turns off when the battery gets low.

I would take them up on the free battery just because you get a new battery with longer lifespan for nothing.
    Yes, the only time I've seen a Treo turn off the network itself is when it senses the battery is too low. If you get the new battery and the phone still does this - go for a hardware replacement as I'd suspect something in the charging circuit feedback.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Yes, the only time I've seen a Treo turn off the network itself is when it senses the battery is too low. If you get the new battery and the phone still does this - go for a hardware replacement as I'd suspect something in the charging circuit feedback.
    Yeah it may be a circuit problem.... but i am actually planning for a replacement since i have insurance on my Sprint plan thats why i have been experimenting on my phone the past few days