Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm using Chattermail with two email addresses - a Gmail IMAP and a traditional POP address. I'm having two issues that don't make sense to me...

The most important issue occurs when sending from the Gmail IMAP address. I have the field "Full Name" filled out in Chattermail ("SMTP" tab-->"Edit Mailbox") which should show my name to the receiver in their mailbox as opposed to my email address. However when those messages are received, they don't show the name I've entered to the receiver, just the email address. The basic info I've entered to show in the header is "Last, First (user@employer.com)" I also have the same thing entered in Gmail's online settings.

I'm also having an issue with "reply to", though this only seems to be between Chatter. I have a "reply to" address set up in the IMAP account. If I send an email from the IMAP account to the POP account, when I hit "reply" in Chatter under the POP account, it sends to the originating address of the gmail, not the "reply to" address.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by long_ck View Post
    I'm using Chattermail with two email addresses - a Gmail IMAP and a traditional POP address. I'm having two issues that don't make sense to me...

The most important issue occurs when sending from the Gmail IMAP address. I have the field "Full Name" filled out in Chattermail ("SMTP" tab-->"Edit Mailbox") which should show my name to the receiver in their mailbox as opposed to my email address. However when those messages are received, they don't show the name I've entered to the receiver, just the email address. The basic info I've entered to show in the header is "Last, First (user@employer.com)" I also have the same thing entered in Gmail's online settings.

I'm also having an issue with "reply to", though this only seems to be between Chatter. I have a "reply to" address set up in the IMAP account. If I send an email from the IMAP account to the POP account, when I hit "reply" in Chatter under the POP account, it sends to the originating address of the gmail, not the "reply to" address.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Hi, I use gmail IMAP also, and have found that sometimes the gmail IMAP gets a bit wonky. Log onto gmail on your PC and go to the IMAP option under Settings. Disable it, click SAVE and log out of gmail. Then log back in and go to IMAP and enable IMAP and click SAVE. I have found that this resets the option and it works fine again on my mobile. Secondly, you can delete the current IMAP mailbox in Chatter and start all over fresh. When you click to add a new mailbox, are you choosing the Gmail IMAP option that is shown there? That automatically configures all the settings gmail requires. Then be sure that your name options are correct for what you want. Then do a Quicksync and let it download your mailboxes. Good luck.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick response! I tried disabling and re-enabling MAP in gmail just now, that didn't fix either issue. I'll try deleting and re-creating the account in chatter tonight.
  4.    #4  
    Tried deleting the account in chatter and re-loaded it. I used the gmail IMAP setting when I set up the account, but I'm still having the same problems.

I did try to email Chatter support over the weekend, but haven't heard anything back yet.
    are people able to email pictures from the default pics/video app on the treo 755? i pic a picture, then menu and send.. select chatter and nothing happens.. i also tried doing same thing from acidimage and same results.. no response....i can send via versamail or bluetooth.. if i go into chattermail i am able to attach files and send but i would have to know the filename rather then seeing a thumbnail of picture.. i hardreset treo and just installed chatter and still having the same results.. can anyone else duplicate this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    are people able to email pictures from the default pics/video app on the treo 755? i pic a picture, then menu and send.. select chatter and nothing happens.. i also tried doing same thing from acidimage and same results.. no response....i can send via versamail or bluetooth.. if i go into chattermail i am able to attach files and send but i would have to know the filename rather then seeing a thumbnail of picture.. i hardreset treo and just installed chatter and still having the same results.. can anyone else duplicate this issue?
    When I attach photos in ChatterEmail, I start my New email, then click on the paperclip icon under the Subject field box and it should open a screen that says Select Application. I click on Pics&Videos and it takes me to Select Media where I have to choose either the main memory or my card. I keep all of my photos on my card, so I choose that and it opens my album on my card and I see actual thumbnail images of my photos. you highlight the one you want and click Done at the bottom and it attaches that photo to your email. Now when you are done composing you email and click send, at the bottom of the Chatter screen you should see the uploading progress of the photo. If you see that, it was attached.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    oh u cant send pics starting at another application?.. for example i tried sending something via email from resco explorer and pics/video and it doesnt work... sometimes if i only select one pic i can send from pics/video...i click send, then picture then select chatter and it will take me to chatter with pic attached and i can put in email address and i am on my way... or can attach more pics...can never select multiple pics and then hit send, select chatter.... i can never send via email when starting from resco exlorer....if i try to perform one of the above and use snappermail it works...

would u be able to try and send multiple pics starting at pics/videos for me..

hit menu, then send... then select some pictures.. then click chattermail.. see if the screen just flashes or sends u to chattermail to now put in email address. doing that method works using snappermail...
    your method works but very time condusing... doing one at a time and picking the correct folder then scrolling again... i would like to select all the pics i want to send then have them compressed and sent... cant even use acidimage to resize then send via chattermail
    Last edited by italiangspot; 03/09/2008 at 10:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ^^italinangspot,

When I do the process you describe, I click on new (for New email) and the attachment is there. works everytime. I believe it is a feature by chatter to determine which email address you want to send from. Try it out!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    could u try this please....

go to pics/videos (default application)
    hit menu button, then scroll down to send...
    then select like 4 pictures... then hit send and u get popup.. asking how u would like to send... select chatter...

does anything happen... does it take u to chatter and show that the 4 pictures are attached to a new email? on my phone screen just flashes and nothing happens

if i go to chatter and select new i can add attachments just fine... just takes so long to add a picture one by one.. picking the correct album and scrolling

the way i described above works if i use snappermail but not chatter
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    italiangspot, I just attempted to attach multiple photos. It doesn't work. I stand corrected. When I attach a single image using the steps above, it takes me to chatter and I get the screen stating it's attaching the file and then opens in the new email. I wonder why it doesn't work?

I have attached multiple files using versamail on my wife's 755p though.
    Last edited by theecigarman; 03/09/2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: more info.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    i know... its weird.. i know the recent betas made attachment corrections... something is blocking it still... i tried verion 3.10 and 3.18... same results...

u tried versamail and i tried snappermail and both those apps do it just fine... not sure about chattermail though...i wish that could get fixed
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Must be something coded into chatter now that it is owned by palm. I wonder if mark would have a patch on his site though................ I will check that idea tomorrow.

Good Luck. I will keep you posted......
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    wow.. thanks.. i would really appreciate it
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    i know... its weird.. i know the recent betas made attachment corrections... something is blocking it still... i tried verion 3.10 and 3.18... same results...

u tried versamail and i tried snappermail and both those apps do it just fine... not sure about chattermail though...i wish that could get fixed
    So according to Marc, the developer of chattermail, the program does not handle multiple attachments the way we are hoping it would. Since it's not actively being developed, I reckon we are out of luck unless you switch to snapper or VM..........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    wow , thanks for reaching out to him

the king of all email apps has now stepped down off the thrown..

i would never think that versamail would have better features over chattermail, lol
    wow , thanks for reaching out to him

the king of all email apps has now stepped down off the thrown..

i would never think that versamail would have better features over chattermail, lol
    this is just my two cents, but it doesn't take that much more time to attach multiple images one at a time, you just keep clicking on that papercip icon and it takes you right back to your photo album. Consider all the other things that Chatter is superior at. I will never switch personally.
    i just feel hitting the clip mark in chatter then clicking pics/video then picking album then scrolling for picture... and doing this process over and over to send multiple pictures is cumbersome

with snappermail for example.. u can open pics/video... hit menu... send

then check all the photos u want to send... then click send via snappermail on popup and boom.. all pics are attached in a new email in snappermail

allot easier and quicker !
    i just feel hitting the clip mark in chatter then clicking pics/video then picking album then scrolling for picture... and doing this process over and over to send multiple pictures is cumbersome

with snappermail for example.. u can open pics/video... hit menu... send

then check all the photos u want to send... then click send via snappermail on popup and boom.. all pics are attached in a new email in snappermail

allot easier and quicker !
    I see your point.
    I am kinda surprised that chattermail wouldnt correct this.. what is marks website.. would he even consider correcting?
    I am kinda surprised that chattermail wouldnt correct this.. what is marks website.. would he even consider correcting?
    I believe that he is employed by Palm at present.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast