1.    #1  
    If the Centro supports SDHC, why is there a limit on 4Gb?

Also are there any particular brands to go for or avoid?

Thanks

K.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info.
    Palms card reader program only will display a certain amoutn of GBs. I think it only supports up to 4gb
  5.    #5  
    I read the link above.

Is the only problem with a 4Gb + card that the centro only recognises 4Gb?

I had a 8Gb in my 680 and even though card reader only recognised 4Gb, I was able to fill the card and use all 8Gb.

Any tried any cards bigger than 4Gb in a centro?
    I sure have. My 6gb and 8gb work great on my Centro.
  7.    #7  
    Smiley,

Which brand and class are you using?

K.
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel k View Post
    I read the link above.

Is the only problem with a 4Gb + card that the centro only recognises 4Gb?

I had a 8Gb in my 680 and even though card reader only recognised 4Gb, I was able to fill the card and use all 8Gb.

Any tried any cards bigger than 4Gb in a centro?
    Are you sure you read the blog article? It makes clear that you can use larger cards. Just think of it this way. The Centro memory reader is like a speedometer that only goes to 80 mph. With both, you can go higher, but it won't register above the ceiling recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel k View Post
    Smiley,

Which brand and class are you using?

K.
    Sandisk.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Are you sure you read the blog article? It makes clear that you can use larger cards. Just think of it this way. The Centro memory reader is like a speedometer that only goes to 80 mph. With both, you can go higher, but it won't register above the ceiling recognized.
    Sorry, instead of saying 'only recognizes 4Gb', I should have said displays only 4Gb.

Like I said, my 680 did the same thing with an 8Gb card (only displaying 4Gb) but I was able to read and write to the whole card without any problem.