1. hnv
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I would like to add a different "tune" to my telephone ringer. I figured if I downloaded from a cd into pocket tunes(that worked), I would be able to move it into the many ringer tones that comes with my 755P....I dont see that option.... Can anybody tell me how I can use a song off a cd and make my phone ring with it????????
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    use the program mini tones. you can find it for free in the downloads section and use it to trim files to just the part you want.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  3. hnv
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ok I downloaded mini tones---what do I do to with it??? It tells me nothing----I mean I have a cd---I have a treo 755p--I downloaded the cut of the cd to pocket tunes---how do I get the tune to play when the phone rings???
    Quote Originally Posted by hnv View Post
    ok I downloaded mini tones---what do I do to with it??? It tells me nothing----I mean I have a cd---I have a treo 755p--I downloaded the cut of the cd to pocket tunes---how do I get the tune to play when the phone rings???
    download Minitones and your .mp3 tunes to your card. I just googled Minitones and got tons of sites that explain how to use it. Try here
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5. hnv
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I dont have an expansion card yet----It never did an automatic search of my files---does it not work unless you have an expansion card???
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    hnv, mini tones doesn't work with internal storage. Maybe you want to try another program. I know gotreosoftwaredotcom has a solution, but I have never used it. try searching here and google also. there are several ways to do it on your home pc/laptop and transfer it. I am not able to provide links right now.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  7. hnv
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    cigarman, thank you for your input--
    I thought that was the selling point of minitones is when you didn't have an expansion card? I thought it only worked with internal memory...
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I thought that was the selling point of minitones is when you didn't have an expansion card? I thought it only worked with internal memory...
    No, Minitones works fine when installed on the card, and it searches for .mp3's on the card. BUT, when you have chosen your tune, and trimmed it to 30 seconds where you want and click ADD, it puts the newly made ringer into your ringtone folder in main memory. That is the drawback, because anymore than four or five 30 seconds ringers can really add up in RAM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  10. hnv
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    still trying and unsuccessful trying to change to new mp3 tunes ringtone
    tried minitunes---music tones and Ringo
    downloaded mp3 into my ptunes (3 different mp3 tunes) they play ok.....
    copied ptunes and music tones to my 2 gig sandisc
    I cant move the mp3 from the ptone software into the music tone software or any other software for that matter...........................
    Is there any simple silly thing I am missing on this.......
    this is supposed to be automatic???
    well for one thing, you don't move Pocket Tunes to your card, that needs to stay in main memory. If you want to try to use Minitones, put that onto your SD card. Then you need to have your .mp3 files on the card as well, because that is where Minitones will search for it. Somewhere in main memory, you have stored those original .mp3 files you are playing in Pocket Tunes, they do not need to be stored in main memory. Pocket Tunes will also search your card for music files to play, that way you are not taking up main memory with the big .mp3 files. You can use the free app FileZ to find those .mp3 files in main memory and delete them or move them to the SD card.

Anyway, after you have put your .mp3 files on your SD card, open Minitones and it will find all of them. You just check mark the one you want to make the ringer for, and using the slider bars on both sides of the slider, trim the tune to exactly where you want to about a 30 second length. When you are satisfied with it (you can play your trimmed selection to be sure it is what you want) then click ADD and Minitones will put the trimmed song into your Ringtone folder in main memory. It will then show up in Sounds under ringtones.
  12. hnv
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    alrighty then!!!!----I will try this and get back to you---thank you for this info
  13. hnv
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ok I downloaded File Z---lotsa files---How would I know which one is the mp3 file----I went over the long list of files and see nothing as obvious as seeing "mp3" in any file------If you think this is frustrating, imagine how i feel---dont give up on me--
    Quote Originally Posted by hnv View Post
    ok I downloaded File Z---lotsa files---How would I know which one is the mp3 file----I went over the long list of files and see nothing as obvious as seeing "mp3" in any file------If you think this is frustrating, imagine how i feel---dont give up on me--
    Open Filez and click on View & Edit files, then click on Internal, then at the bottom click on Filter and in the pull down box choose Type and then the second pull down box click on Contains and you type in the word

.mp3

on that line and click okay. There is a word NOT there that I checked as well, it will filter out all .mp3 files in internal memory, showing their file size. After you find the .mp3 files, you just checkmark them and press your Options button and click on move and then choose the card as the destination to move to.
    Last edited by dollface; 03/05/2008 at 01:04 PM.