1.    #1  
    I was looking for a case for my new AT&T Centro, and stumbled across a note on one of the metal case manufacturers' sites which said that their case was designed for the CDMA Centro and would not fit the GSM version. I thought this was odd, and wrote to Seidio asking them if their Super Slim cases would fit the GSM variant. Their reply was
    Unfortunately our case is now only compatible with the Sprint CDMA version at this time. We will develop a new one for the GSM version later.
    Meanwhile, I headed down to my local Sprint store and tried one of their Crystal cases on my phone. It fit perfectly, and the price was right, so I kept it and am very happy with it.

So, does anyone know what the supposed physical differences are between the two versions? I say "supposed" because at least the Sprint case appears to work just fine for both.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    The only difference is around the back speaker, GSM version has a slightly raise and CDMA version is flat. Please read this.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1548-1.htm
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My black GSM Centro is flat. Has no raise around the back speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by aloner View Post
    My black GSM Centro is flat. Has no raise around the back speaker.
    is that a AT&T GSM? Not sure all the GSM they gonna release will be like that.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Hi there!

Got a black unlocked GSM Centro: no raise around the back speaker, it seems that it's only an At&T feature...

Ciao!

Sergio
    in a way, I like it. The sound from the speaker is not muffled if i lay down on the table or something.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. I did read that review before I bought my Centro, but I guess I must have missed (or forgotten) that point. Interesting that Sprint's case works for both versions - I guess either their source has changed the molds to suit the extra lip, or it's not pronounced enough to cause a problem. Perhaps Seidio's manufacturing tolerances are a little tighter.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    so far i've seen people use crystal case all the time and almost every case works even seidio one. Might be tight but it works.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    No. Itīs unlocked. Bought at Palm Store in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack View Post
    is that a AT&T GSM? Not sure all the GSM they gonna release will be like that.
    I think Seidio is trying to cover their **** just in case. The Cellet case I bought is a really tight fit and extremely thin for a snap together type case, and it fit the ATT Centro no problem with that lip. The only cases that would make me worry are the rigid clear crystal cases as they might not have any give or flex to them. The lip is not that big as the pics of it seem to exaggerate it a bit compared to seeing it in person.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Received a new UK GSM Centro this week - it would appear there's been a revision and it now carries the speaker bump.

Phone Info gives:
    CC-Cap: PAL-GEN-004, Hardware: AE, SKU: EU

It seems like a very practical improvement to the Centro design, though I guess it means being more careful when looking at cases. Does anyone know if there's still a problem with Monaco aluminium cases? (Compatibility just listed as "Centro").
    Quote Originally Posted by krpage View Post
    Received a new UK GSM Centro this week - it would appear there's been a revision and it now carries the speaker bump.

Phone Info gives:
    CC-Cap: PAL-GEN-004, Hardware: AE, SKU: EU
    Actually, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$'$s$ $been$ $the$ $European$ $version$ $all$ $along$ - $it$'$s$ $certainly$ $the$ $same$ $as$ $my$ $February$ $08$ $German$ $model$.

Regards,

Jochen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Actually, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$'$s$ $been$ $the$ $European$ $version$ $all$ $along$ - $it$'$s$ $certainly$ $the$ $same$ $as$ $my$ $February$ $08$ $German$ $model$.
    I briefly had another UK/EU Centro last month - I returned it because of a crooked screen, which seems to be a common fault - and it definitely didn't have the speaker bump.