Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Ok, I know this has probably been discussed but I can't find it any where. Please don't blast me for asking.

I was wondering what program (If Any) would allow me to change the icons that came with my apps. I mean, I downloaded an app and I don't like the one that it came with and want to change it. I have downloaded Icons Plus but it doesn't seem to work with treo launcher. I already have the icon that I want, I resized it made it a gif and placed it in the icon folder of my sd card. I just don't know where to go from there since Icon Plus doesn't seem to work with TL.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Find the thread for "Red Smilies......"
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    From the web page of TL Developer (http://palmgadget.com/lnchr.html#FEATURES)
    "How does customized icons work?
    1) Create a Icon folder in /DCIM/ on the card
    2) Put any .bmp or .gif image files inside the /DCIM/Icon folder
    3) Name the icon file same as the application name (e.g. Prefs.gif, Calc.gif, etc.)
    4) Run Menu -> Lnchr -> Icons once"
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks I just figured that one out right before you posted thanks so much! Now I am trying to make pics with transparent background....geesh, so much work to make your phone so pretty....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    From the web page of TL Developer (http://palmgadget.com/lnchr.html#FEATURES)
    "How does customized icons work?
    1) Create a Icon folder in /DCIM/ on the card
    2) Put any .bmp or .gif image files inside the /DCIM/Icon folder
    3) Name the icon file same as the application name (e.g. Prefs.gif, Calc.gif, etc.)
    4) Run Menu -> Lnchr -> Icons once"
    this is correct but the .bmp or .gif image files must be no larger than 32x32 in order to work correctly as icons

good luck
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I found this site when searching, looks like a library of icons and they are available in 32x32

I just saved them to my PC then made sure they were in gif format, then followed the directions listed by BadZed.

Boom! New Icons.

Hope this helps

http://www.iconarchive.com/
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    thank you soooo much everyone I will have pretty icons soon!
    I must really be doing something wrong, I'm having fits trying to get downloaded apps to work - especially icons and pink phone from Red Smilies.

I have FilesZ on phone.
    I tried sending via QuickInstall, didn't work. Sent myself email with attachment. It allowed me to open, allegedly save to card. Can NOT find it on phone.
    Popped card into computer, it was on there. It is under Palm/Programs.

I cannot open, make this work. If I could, I would then load pink smiley icons.

Please help, I have read thru the threads, but no light bulb is going off above my head
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    FileZ will not move them you have to use Resco File Explorer. There is a trial of it but it is well worth the money to buy it.

Do you have a card reader on your comp? If so open your SD card using your card reader then open the spot where you have the file downloaded on comp. Then just drag and drop to the SD card. Then Using File Resco explorer move files to RAM then soft reset and you are done.

Edit: Sorry I just read your post again. You say it is already on your sd card. The problem is that you are trying to use FileZ and it will not work with that. Download Reco File explorer. Then follow these steps.

Open Resco File

then go to Card B

Then hit Programs or where ever it saved to on card

The tap and hold file/select move to RAM

Then soft reset and you are done
    Last edited by Penny; 02/28/2008 at 02:16 PM.
    Thank you for an easy to understand way to do this. I laugh, I can take computers apart, program them, but can't do this or work VCR:.

I haven't ever downloaded Resco, not sure I needed it for the price, I keep my phone simple - something like a computer, the more you put on it, the more can act up for unknown reasons. That is what I tell my kids as they junk theirs out

That is one thing I don't like about Palm, there is no easy way for me to find files like Windows 5 or 6. But I hate to use those, I don't want a computer for my phone. Tried the flashy Touch but spent more time figuring it out than using it. Palm is too easy to use and simple, except for this.

I will download Resco and try, I got the pink dial pad for my pink phone and it just looks too cool.
    Thank you for an easy to understand way to do this. I laugh, I can take computers apart, program them, but can't do this or work VCR:.

I haven't ever downloaded Resco, not sure I needed it for the price, I keep my phone simple - something like a computer, the more you put on it, the more can act up for unknown reasons. That is what I tell my kids as they junk theirs out

That is one thing I don't like about Palm, there is no easy way for me to find files like Windows 5 or 6. But I hate to use those, I don't want a computer for my phone. Tried the flashy Touch but spent more time figuring it out than using it. Palm is too easy to use and simple, except for this.

I will download Resco and try, I got the pink dial pad for my pink phone and it just looks too cool.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Glad to be of help. If I can help again let me know.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Resco is free for 2 weeks anyway :-) and it does come with bundled zip/unzip , ftp, and backup/restore abilities so it might be even worth your while to keep it for the future.