Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Due to some issues that I was having with my battery draining too rapidly, I installed Power Hero, at the suggetion of many.

Questions that I have:

1. After a full charge, my battery shows that it has nearly 1200 mAH, remaining hours of about 14.5, with a discharge rate of about 110-120 mA. This is with phone ON and network, bluetooth, infrared, and keyboard light OFF, screen at 21% brightness. Is this about normal for what you would see on yours?

2. If I turn bluetooth on, it seems to make a very small difference in the discharge rate, maybe 10-20 mA, so this really wouldn't be the cause of my battery draining rapidly, right?

3. I saw nothing in the manual about proper charging of batteries. I know in the old days (the 90's), it was very important to let batteries drain down as far as possible before recharging them. I am assuming with this style of battery, there is no "memory effect" on them. (?)

Thanks for any wisdom you may provide.
    tim
    Lithium Ion batteries do not have to be "drained" or run down.
    Mark Bergman
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    Lithium Ion batteries do not have to be "drained" or run down.
    Thanks, Mark. I was able to find it in the online manual, eventually!

Is your Centro running about the same for discharge rate?
    tim
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Something sounds odd. I have the same settings as you, but my battery is at 64% and remaining life is 19h 35m. BlueTooth "on" makes a small difference. Do you have a weak signal in your area?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    Something sounds odd. I have the same settings as you, but my battery is at 64% and remaining life is 19h 35m. BlueTooth "on" makes a small difference. Do you have a weak signal in your area?
    No, not at all; usually three to four bars.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping that as my phone gets a little older, battery life gets longer, as some have said it will.
    tim