1.    #1  
    and seeing as i have no warranty, i'm forced to buy another one at full price. (canceling my sprint plan and then buying a new phone and plan would not be any cheaper) Does anyone know of any websites where i could find the Centro for under the Palm price of $400???
    If the battery remained in the unit. . . it's probably toast. . . . . . . (taking the battery out immediately is the first step in saving a dunked Treo. . . .. . . well, not trying to turn it on is the first . . . . . . . .anyway)

But just for giggles . . . . take the battery out. Put it in a sealed zip lock bag with as many of those silica packets as you can find for three days. This will dry it out. . . .you never know. If you don't have the packets . . . uncooked instant rice works, as well. Just wrap the Treo in a paper towel so the rice dust does not get in it.

Keep viewing the want ads here, E-Bay is also a source . . . Good Luck.

(The insurance is such a crap shoot. . . . you can pay $84 a year and never use it. . . or it is sure nice when you do need it.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/26/2008 at 05:23 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, unfortunetly the battery was inside it. It was knocked into the sink into a pan full of water I only had it for two months.........

I'll atleast try the rice thing.........thanks
    BTW

My daughter wants a Centro for her birthday. . . . I will be selling her 1 year old blue Sprint 755p for $150 shipped in a few days . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/26/2008 at 05:36 PM.
  5.    #5  
    hmmmm..... i was looking for one in maybe newer condition than one year.......but I'll keep it in mind......

I do have a question though, so if i were to buy a phone off of ebay or from you, how to i activate it on my plan? I mean how do I upgrade to it? I
    m sure i could google the answer, but i was just seeing if you guys could give me the gist of it.

Thanks for your responses gtwo
    Either call Customer Care (*2) (not sure on the landline #) or take it to a Sprint Store . . . and they will walk you thru registering it on the system with your cell number.

Also a good idea to call Sprint to see if the ESN for the unit is listed as stolen or has any prior charges still pending against it. . . . . . if so, they will not register it for you. I am not sure if it is the ESN they track this by . . . but if you call them they can tell you what # to get so that you can verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime27 View Post
    I do have a question though, so if i were to buy a phone off of ebay or from you, how to i activate it on my plan? I mean how do I upgrade to it?
    Here's a link to answer your question:

http://www.buzzaboutwireless.com/cms...our-phone.html
    The gist of it is to call 888-211-4727 from a land line phone and have your new phone there with the battery charged. They will talk you through it in a few minutes or
    you can take the phone into Sprint and they will switch it over.

Ebay is a great place to buy one. A new one will cost less than $300.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Idk, could you sign up for the insurance now and then try to file a claim soon? Isn't it covered no matter what? I thought that was the idea. Isn't canceling a plan only $200? It sounds like the 45 day issue mentioned in the recent sero thread is that they will keep your account in case you return and should be able to get the ETF credited back, maybe after you pay it depending on how fast everything goes. Also you might be able to get an "upgrade" and renew your contract, that worked for my stepfather with Nextel. Idk if I'd go the new phone route right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Idk, could you sign up for the insurance now and then try to file a claim soon? Isn't it covered no matter what? I thought that was the idea. Isn't canceling a plan only $200? It sounds like the 45 day issue mentioned in the recent sero thread is that they will keep your account in case you return and should be able to get the ETF credited back, maybe after you pay it depending on how fast everything goes. Also you might be able to get an "upgrade" and renew your contract, that worked for my stepfather with Nextel. Idk if I'd go the new phone route right away.
    I guess you don't know what the word "Fraud" means. You really don't want to mess with insurance fraud. Besides, if you sign up for insurance after 30 days (which they might not allow), they always make a test call to you to make sure the phone is working when you order the insurance.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Not to preach but insurance is worth it. The only treo I have paid for is my original 650. It worth the 84 bux a year.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  11.    #11  
    I cant sign up for insurance anymore anyway. It says you have to order after 30 days of activation or upgrade....

OK, if I were to cancel my plan it would be $200.....

then to buy the phone and plan(sero) would be $100

but i wouldnt have the unlimited texting.....thats an extra $240 over two years......

So thats $540 right there........

I think it would be cheaper to find one off ebay
    If you go and return you should be able to get the $99 centro and waive the ETF and return to your old I mean current plan. You might check on that but that seems like an option and then get insurance.
    Given that I have gone through numerous Treos due to various hardware/memory failures not resulting from abuse, the insurance has been well worth it for me.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime27 View Post
    Yes, unfortunetly the battery was inside it. It was knocked into the sink into a pan full of water I only had it for two months.........

I'll atleast try the rice thing.........thanks
    Any luck on on drying it out?

(It was a long shot. . . to save a dunked Treo . . . .you must remove the battery ASAP.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/01/2008 at 10:47 PM.