Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw this on the sprintusers board, and didn't see a thread about it here (despite searching). It looks like Sprint has released an extended (2000 mAh LiIon) battery for the Centro for $49.99.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...yRefName=Power

Unfortunately, it requires the purchase of a separate battery door for $7.99, which as far as I can tell, is only available in black.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...ubPageNumber=0

It's really hard to tell from the pictures how much thicker the battery and battery door make the phone (I wonder if that's intentional -- they don't even list the measurements on the site). Has anyone purchased this yet who can chime in on the pros/cons? I know most of us are waiting for an extended battery that doesn't add any extra bulk, but the longer it takes, the less optimistic I am that it's going to happen... For me, I'm sticking with just an extra OEM battery for now.
  2.    #2  
    I do remember that Sprint was having some problems with their Sprint e-mail program causing an unreasonable drain on the battery (I use Versamail, so I can't speak to the details), but I think that was resolved. I'm pretty sure, though, that it didn't involve a "universal" fix to improve the Centro's battery life for everyone.
    Sorry i couldn't help but notice on that same page... $50 for a wall charger when the Palm Original one is $24.99 MSRP anywhere else, $40 for a car charger when the Palm Original is $19.99...... ridiculous, just ridiculous !!!
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    I just saw this on the sprintusers board, and didn't see a thread about it here (despite searching). It looks like Sprint has released an extended (2000 mAh LiIon) battery for the Centro for $49.99.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...yRefName=Power

Unfortunately, it requires the purchase of a separate battery door for $7.99, which as far as I can tell, is only available in black.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...ubPageNumber=0

It's really hard to tell from the pictures how much thicker the battery and battery door make the phone (I wonder if that's intentional -- they don't even list the measurements on the site). Has anyone purchased this yet who can chime in on the pros/cons? I know most of us are waiting for an extended battery that doesn't add any extra bulk, but the longer it takes, the less optimistic I am that it's going to happen... For me, I'm sticking with just an extra OEM battery for now.
    I can't get these links to work.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    I do remember that Sprint was having some problems with their Sprint e-mail program causing an unreasonable drain on the battery (I use Versamail, so I can't speak to the details), but I think that was resolved. I'm pretty sure, though, that it didn't involve a "universal" fix to improve the Centro's battery life for everyone.
    I am wondering this too. I was looking at a centro but was poking around and seeing there seem to be bad issues after 1-3 months of ownership. I would be using Versamail so I don't know if that is better then sprints servers or not?
    Tritan

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    I can't get these links to work.
    The links are working for me -- you can also go the Sprint website and just look under "Accessories" and select the Centro. It's the only accessory under the "Power" category.
    Judging my the pictures and the fact that the battery is 2000 mAh (original is 1150), this looks thick and unappealing...strange, though, the text on the battery itself says that it's for the '650/700p/700wx', which are not compatible with Centro batteries (which have the contact points in the middle; the others have the contacts on one end)...maybe just the wrong pic or a typo?
    The wife and I both use Centro's now, and yes the battery life has been a minor issue. Sprint does have an accessory that I believe is even more useful then a new extended battery for the Centro. The Sprint Portable Power Pack is a rechargeable recharger. Its about the size of a deck of cards and lighter in weight then the Centro. You can get about 2 full Centro recharges out of it before it too must be plugged in and charged. Its also comes with a bag full of recharging tips to fit all Sprint phones (Treo/Centro included) as well a s mini and micro USB tips that will work on many BT headsets. I think its a much better way to extended the useful battery life of my Centro. Search the Sprint accessories page for the Portable Power Pack. Look under the power accessories for the 755, for some reason the power pack is not included in the link for the Centro.
    Last edited by cgordonn; 02/26/2008 at 09:51 PM.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    That does sound neat, how much is it, anyone find it on eBay?
    Looks like there's a special on the Portable Power Pack:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp..._AccessoryH500
    Can someone buy the sprint extended battery and post a picture with it on a Centro? ;p
    Right now its on sale for $40 btw. I don't know about s/h. Wouldn't it be better to pick one up than pay for s/h?
    In the accessory thread, I posted links to a few portable chargers that might prove more useful than Sprint's as you can use standard batteries and in that case use standard rechargeable batteries. If that thing dies you're pretty much hosed. With ones that take standard batteries, they're just a purchase away at any store.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Looks like there's a special on the Portable Power Pack:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp..._AccessoryH500
    This just asks for my zip code and when putting it in says can't find.
    Tritan

Great news! but I want to see pics from the side to understand how much thickness this adds.

I wonder if Seido's the OEM for this or if someone else has beaten them to the punch...
    They did release a new client to fix that specific problem but although I have never used Sprint's mobile email I do have a huge drain when using EVDO...I carry around an extra battery.
    I was browsing another thread and downloaded Treo Helper. You can specify how long you want to stay connected to the internet after you turn off your phone. I set mine for 1 minute and the battery drain has stopped. This is like Power Hero, but free. It says compatible with Treo 650, but it works fine on my Centro.
    Has anyone been able to get a hold of the new battery with battery door to post some profiles shots? I'm really concerned that buying this battery is trading sleek form factor for extended life.
    So do the thicker battery and different battery cover affect the usage of the Sprint sold crystal case?
    If I get the extended battery with the larger rear panel, will I still be able to use the regular battery as a backup, or would I also need to carry the regular size rear panel to use the regular battery? Anyone who used the extended battery on some of the other Treos have any experience with this?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast