Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have the extended for the 755P and I have always carried the rear panel and the battery for whichever battery I was not using. I don't know if the extended back would keep it secure enough or not but wanted to be safe rather than sorry.
    I am due for a phone upgrade the first of the month, so yesterday I went ahead and ordered the extended battery and door. From use of my wife's Centro, I would not last half a day with the standard battery and off-on charging. Ben
    Some nice battery management can help a lot too (beams off, BT off if you dont use it, Power Hero, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt View Post
    So do the thicker battery and different battery cover affect the usage of the Sprint sold crystal case?
    BUMP.

Anyone know the answer to this?
    I don't see how it could fit?
    I practice safe battery usage with Power Hero and charging when in the car.

As for the solid crystal case - my wife has that case on her Centro and it will not fit - not wide enough. My 700p uses a heavy horizontal leather case and a skin. For now, I will continue to use the heavy horizontal leather case and look for a skin. My hands get really dirty from handling product and there are times that I have to take a damp rag and use it to wipe the skin down on the 700P after using it.

Ben
    Seidio has extended crystal cases for the larger 755p batteries (even the 3200mAh), so maybe after a while they will come out with them for the Centro.
    Anyone have any pics of the ext.battery on the phone yet?
    Last edited by NONAME50; 03/14/2008 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob_m View Post
    Here's a couple pictures.
    HOLY CRAP
    Are you serious?!?! Are those pictures a JOKE?
    That is hideous!
  10.    #31  
    Thanks for posting these pictures, but WOW, that IS a big difference. Just what I had feared (although I'm not surprised -- the Centro is so thin, that adding just about any thickness would be markedly noticeable).

Are there any positives? Are you at least getting significant more battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    Thanks for posting these pictures, but WOW, that IS a big difference. Just what I had feared (although I'm not surprised -- the Centro is so thin, that adding just about any thickness would be markedly noticeable).

Are there any positives? Are you at least getting significant more battery life?
    Yes I have noticed more battery life. Although I'm in my car a lot so I usually keep it plugged in most of the time.
    Is it me or does that look about the size of two batteries? If its the same size and weight, I imagine it could be, then I'd just buy a single battery and toss it in a bag or something. The power would have to be more than double what two batteries would give for it to be worthwhile imo, since we already have one.
    That looks like roughly the same size as the 755p 3200 mAh battery...

3200 is worth the size increase, but I don't know about only 2000.

"Look away, I'm hideous!" ~ Cosmo Kramer on what it must feel like to be a centro with sprint's extended battery.
    they couldn't smooth it any more to make it more rounded looking like the actual shape of the centro? Was looking at the OEM extended for the Mogul and they did a nice job with designing it. It just looks like an afterthought.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    If they do a "nice job" rounding it out, then you have an over-all thicker device, giving you essentially what you are not wanting. A larger battery requires more space.

Ben
    That's what I was thinking too, they made it as compact as possible without adding additional plastic. Its great if you need that but I imagine people would've returned their Centro by now if power was that much of an issue.
    not necessarily. you probably could've widened the battery a little making it a lower profile. Anything over the thickness of the original battery is not confined to that footprint so you make it wider on top like a ledge on either side and maybe round the top edges. You'd have a slimmer overall profile instead of the smaller square sticking out further.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    If they do a "nice job" rounding it out, then you have an over-all thicker device, giving you essentially what you are not wanting. A larger battery requires more space.

Ben
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Wow, this is probally why Siedo hasnt had a battery yet. If they cant make one that fits into the current Centro I guess it has to look like that. I would get another phone before I got that "thing". Defeats my purpose of going from the 700 to the Centro which was small phone. thats hideous.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast