1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700p. I want to record calls in which I use my hands-free headset. I was able to take a "Y-jack" and some 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter plugs (and vice versa.....these were pretty hard to find!), plug a digital recorder into that jack and use it to record a call while I'm using the hands-free device.

The problem is that it records the person I'm calling records perfectly, but it barely records my voice and has a lot of static in the background.

Anyone have experience trying this? Why would it only record one end of the conversation?

Would the software programs you can buy for the Palm to record calls (like CallRec or mVoice) record both ends of the conversation (when I'm using the hands free kit?). If yes, how easy would it be to transfer the files to a PC afterwards as that would by my main hangup about using these? We would actually have someone transcribe these recordings into a Word doc, and doing that from a PC sound file or a tape is a lot easier than that person having to borrow the Treo and listen to the recording. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    why don't you just try callrec? it has a free trial.
  3.    #3  
    I want to be sure I can easily transfer recorded files to the PC and that it will work with the Hands-Free kit in use, otherwise, it's a waste even as a free trial. I'm also not too familiar with installing things on the Treo and don't want to mess the phone up.

Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    There is an included conduit that will transfer you calls to your pc as wav files, and delete them off the phone(if you like).

Works fine thru my bluetooth headet also-records both sides on the ph call in fairly good quality.
  5.    #5  
    OK thanks, I'll try it.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbernau View Post
    There is an included conduit that will transfer you calls to your pc as wav files, and delete them off the phone(if you like).

Works fine thru my bluetooth headet also-records both sides on the ph call in fairly good quality.
    Does it record both sides of the talk while using the bluetooth on yours? It records just my voice whenever I use either my Jabra BT8010 or Scala 700LX. Also, my did not install the conduit on my PC, but I am able to transfer the files to my PC via the SD card reader.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I am using an att centro and a jabra 8040 headset. Both sides record when using the headset.