1.    #1  
    I have been a Palm user for a pretty long time, so I am familar with most of the Palm OS and it's software, but the Treo 755p is my first smartphone.

I am having a problem with VersaMail, and from what I have read it is a fairly common problem. Everytime I check my VersaMail is tries to download 53 messages (Odd number considering I have over 1000 messages archived.). I have searched the settings and tried other configurations with no success.

I saw some other similar posts but the only solution provided was to allow VersaMail to download the messages then move them to the trash and empty the trash. I tried that. I tried marking all the messages as read then deleting them. Still everything I check for new mail it tries to download 53 messages.

If anyone can give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere, I don't know.

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p
    Have you adjusted your settings on your Verasmail NOT to download old mail? I suggest you install the Centro Versamail update as well it works better with Gmail.
    Or you could just get your gmail on their mobile site at m.gmail.com; that site is a pretty accurate replica of the gmail website, with all the folders and everything. Pretty easy to manipulate stuff and it's free (just use Blazer to access) If you don't mind buying an app try out ChatterEmail which is awesome with gmail and will even offer Push email to you.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Long time VersaMail struggler here - No matter what settings were used I could never keep VersaMail in sync with my gmail account. Deleting messages would always throw the treo.

About 2 weeks ago I installed Chattermail - and voila - more stable, less power consumption, and it *just works* with gmail and exchange. I hate the $40, but wish I would have paid it months ago and saved myself the frustration of VersaMail.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Have you adjusted your settings on your Verasmail NOT to download old mail? I suggest you install the Centro Versamail update as well it works better with Gmail.
    Thanks a lot! I downloaded and installed the Centro update and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p
    I have a Verizon 755P with Versamail 3.5.5. How do you get the Centro update and will it update my Versamail version?
    I just saw another thread which discusses the sprint update. Has anyone tried it on Verizon and does it matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    I just saw another thread which discusses the sprint update. Has anyone tried it on Verizon and does it matter?
    the Sprint update is only for Sprint customers.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.