Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

I bought the Centro so I had to get a new media card to use with it. I picked up a Kingston 4G MicroSDHC. It's slow as molasis, my computer won't recognize it in the card reader, and I'm having intermittent issues with the Centro.

I've used SD cards with no issues, so I'm a little surprised by the response the Micro is giving me. If I use a 1G I have in one of the kids phones it works just fine, so I'm assuming it's the Kingston or the SDHC config.

Or is the Kingston just a peace of junk?

VFSmarks File Create 35% and File delete 12% as an example
    SDHC is actually faster then SD. Not sure why it is working slow. Your Computer's card reader doesn't read it because it either isn't configured to read SDHC cards or the computer itself doesn't have the ability to read SDHC. If its the computer, there is some application you can download that will enable the PC to read it. Kingston is usually an okay manufacturer, (I have three of their cards with no problems), but there is always an outside chance you got a bad card.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I went from the Kingston 4GB to the Sandisk 8GB. The Kingston was very slow (even much slower than the 2GB Kingston) and the Sandisk 8GB is much faster. As was stated above, you may need a newer card reader to read SDHC on your PC, or try the microsoft hotfix for SDHC support.
    My PDA progression Palm III -> Palm IIIXE -> PALM IIIC -> PALM M130 -> iPaq H2215 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Centro
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I finally received my Patriot 4GB from newegg. Much better. Unbelievable the difference it is. After i loaded the SDHC patch provided (thanks!) XP would load it. I copied the data off, reformated the Kingston and copied the data back. The copy took 50 minutes for 1.5 gig of data. took 7 minutes with the Patriot.

WHEW

thanks for the help