Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I've seen a few posts that say bluetooth causes quite a bit of battery drain. I don't use a headset but I do use it through my TomTom GPS as a hands-free unit in the car. I know that Power Hero will turn on bluetooth as needed for a headset; however, my TomTom must connect when it starts up, which is when I start the car. It would be a pain to have to turn bluetooth on every time I enter the car and off when I leave. Any suggestions, or am I worried too much about how much power it takes?
    tim
    Tim,

I use BlueFang on my 680. It can be configured to turn BT on when you launch an app and turn it off again when you exit it.

I have mine set up to turn on when I launch TomTom and then turn off again when I exit.

Give it a go - It's freeware.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...ng/ReadMe.html

K.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel k View Post
    Tim,

I use BlueFang on my 680. It can be configured to turn BT on when you launch an app and turn it off again when you exit it.

I have mine set up to turn on when I launch TomTom and then turn off again when I exit.

Give it a go - It's freeware.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...ng/ReadMe.html

K.
    Thanks, colonel! I'll give it a try.

Why does this version of bluetooth take so much battery power? My old phone (motorola v557) had it on full time and I needed to charge maybe every 3-5 days.
    tim
    I 2nd Blue Fang and there is also Power Hero to look at. The link is http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/power-hero-more.php

Ben
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, I tried Blue Fang, but I don't think it is going to do what I need. Maybe I didn't explain my first post clearly enough.

I am not using TomTom on my Centro. I have a TomTom device (a Go 510, if that matters) in my car. It has bluetooth and a nice speaker and microphone. When I start my car, the 510 connects via bluetooth to the phone (which doesn't ever leave my pocket) and all calls are handled by the 510. When I turn off the car and power down the 510, it hands back contol of all calls to the phone. I have used this for over a year with no issues. The bluetooth on my motorola v557 didn't seem to drain the battery any faster than my wife's identical phone, even though it was always on. I wonder why bluetooth drains our Centros so fast.

Maybe I should just use PowerHero, as many have suggested. It won't help the bluetooth issue, but maybe it will manage my power so much better that I won't care as much!
    tim
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    since it's only when in your car and using bluetooth and tom tom, why not just plug the car charger into your Centro when you get in the car?