Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I decided I didn't need the power of WM so I traded my 6800 for a Treo 755. I got 250 to 850 k/bts on mobile speed tests with the 6800 but only get 150 to 250 with the 755. I am on Alltel in Springfield Missouri. Any clues as to why a 755 would be slower than a 6800 when they are both EV phones?
    The 6800 has EVDO Rev A.

Also are you using Blazer to do the test or how are you doing the speed test?

Also they might not have the same PRL update.
    Still got all those old POS 3rd party apps, James?

Welcome Back.

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Still got all those old POS 3rd party apps, James?

Welcome Back.

Yup, I save everything
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    The 6800 has EVDO Rev A.

Also are you using Blazer to do the test or how are you doing the speed test?

Also they might not have the same PRL update.
    Yes I'm using blazer on the dsl report mobile speed site.
    So the EV in the 755 is weak hardware? I did a prl update before doing the speed test.

Are their Rev A palm OS treos?
    Alltel does not have EVDO Rev A at all. It is probably because Blazer has to go through a server for reformatting before it gets to your phone, WM does not. I could be wrong on that part, though.
    Treo's don't have EVDO Rev A atm.
  8.    #8  
    Well I guess so far its not causing any problems I'm still streaming my favorite 128k/bit music stations without skipping. Maybe its no big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy13 View Post
    ..... It is probably because Blazer has to go through a server for reformatting before it gets to your phone, WM does not. I could be wrong on that part, though.
    dangerboy13 - I beleive you are correct on this.

jamespaulritter - if you try the speed test using your 755p as a modem when connected to say a laptop using a normal web browser - your speed "will probably" be different - they will be faster by at least 5 times.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Yeah for some reason blazer never tells the speed that your phone is capable of. usually when using a speed test though blazer I get from 128-256(on a good day) but when connected to my laptop via DUN I get around 800 on average. Don't go by what blazer shows
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    dangerboy13 - I beleive you are correct on this.

jamespaulritter - if you try the speed test using your 755p as a modem when connected to say a laptop using a normal web browser - your speed "will probably" be different - they will be faster by at least 5 times.
    I tried xiino and also pdanet teathered and I still cant get over 250kbts. Its crazy that the treo 700wx on Alltell gets up to 900kbts and its older than the 755........... I'd hate to go back to that fat treo wx with its retarded looking antenna.

Im better off to go back to att for the 680.

This sux. Altell is the only broadband carrier in Springfield Missouri.

I had another issue that might wreck this return to palm for me. I did everything in the world today to connect to my bluetooth H9 stereo headset and its not working. Ive never had any trouble with the bluetooth on any phone. Is there a known 755 bluetooth issue?
    jamespaulritter,

Using USB Modem software;

When I am connected to my laptop via USB cable I get 500 to 600kbs down and 100kbs up

When I am connected to my laptop via Bluetooth I get 200 to 375kbs down and 100kbs up

I also use SAG 1.17 with the old Sprint rom 1.04 and I get perfect lock to my Jabra BT8040 - of course it is a mono earbud for streaming music, podcasts and the like and it locks solid.

My Jabra BT8040 is also the best bluestooth headset I have ever used and it locks perfect in the phone mode to.

Bottom line my Sprint 755p and Jabra BT8040 combo is perfect for me.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

13.    #13  
    jamespaulritter,

Using USB Modem software;

When I am connected to my laptop via USB cable I get 500 to 600kbs down and 100kbs up

When I am connected to my laptop via Bluetooth I get 200 to 375kbs down and 100kbs up

I also use SAG 1.17 with the old Sprint rom 1.04 and I get perfect lock to my Jabra BT8040 - of course it is a mono earbud for streaming music, podcasts and the like and it locks solid.

My Jabra BT8040 is also the best bluetooth headset I have ever used and it locks perfect in the phone mode to.

Bottom line my Sprint 755p and Jabra BT8040 combo is perfect for me.
    Do you think it must be an Alltel issue then? Maybe my Motorola S9 stereo headset is junk. The Treo 700wx, Titan PPC 6800, and the Touch (Vogue) all get 250 to 850 kilobytes per second on Alltell here in Springfield. The Treo 755seems to be the only PDA stuck on slow-mo here. I guess Im going to take it back today. I think I could live with the slow speed but I dont think there is another water resistant stereo headset that works any better than the S9.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Not sure if you already tried this already, but you need to use Softick Audio Gateway to use your stereo bluetooth headset. Palm does not support A2DP out of the box.
    I wish I could tell you if Alltel is the problem or not - but I am not familiar with them as I have been a "long time" Sprint user - as far as stereo headsets, I am clueless there also as I don't listen to music that much - thats why my stereo converted to mono single earbud is all I need for the occassional(sp) music use.

I think if you go to the softtick forum for SAG you might find some insight there on which are good stereo headphones?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

16.    #16  
    I wish I could tell you if Alltel is the problem or not - but I am not familiar with them as I have been a "long time" Sprint user - as far as stereo headsets, I am clueless there also as I don't listen to music that much - thats why my stereo converted to mono single earbud is all I need for the occassional(sp) music use.

I think if you go to the softtick forum for SAG you might find some insight there on which are good stereo headphones?
    I also listen to music on my mono jawbone so that's great that I'll be able to do this on palm. Thanks,,,,, I was worried about that.
    What site are you using to do your speed tests? If you would like, I can do them on my 755p on Alltel here in Phoenix and see what I get.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Not sure if you already tried this already, but you need to use Softick Audio Gateway to use your stereo bluetooth headset. Palm does not support A2DP out of the box.
    Owwwwww,,,,,,,, I didn't know that! Thanks a ton! I' check that audio gateway solution.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerboy13 View Post
    What site are you using to do your speed tests? If you would like, I can do them on my 755p on Alltel here in Phoenix and see what I get.
    Thanks I really appreciate it.
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I also listen to music on my mono jawbone so that's great that I'll be able to do this on palm. Thanks,,,,, I was worried about that.
    hmmmmmm - I think only the Jabra BT8040 is able to listen to music via SAG - Jawbone would have to have A2DP compatability built in.

There is one or two other headsets that start as stereo, but you can "unplug" one side and have a single earbud to work like the BT8040 - but as far as I know, the BT8040 is the only "single" A2DP earbud available - but I could be wrong.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast