Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Not sure if you already tried this already, but you need to use Softick Audio Gateway to use your stereo bluetooth headset. Palm does not support A2DP out of the box.
    Alright its running great. Softick is pretty dam nice. They should make something like that for all operating systems because even with A2DP out of the box its a pain to get some setups talking. This app made it pretty easy. Thanks.
    Here are my results in Phoenix

200k file
    339 kbit/sec, .68s latency

400k file
    317 kbit/sec, .681s latency

1 MB file
    168 kbit/sec, .665s latency

2nd 1 MB test
    137 kbit/sec, .689s latency

If I can get it to work, I will try to do one using DUN.
    Here are my results in MN using DSL reports via phone not connected to laptop for comparison

200k file
    381 kbit/sec, .396s latency

400k file
    303 kbit/sec, .409s latency

1 MB file
    166 kbit/sec, .456s latency

2nd 1 MB test
    164 kbit/sec, .36s latency
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    try www.mobilespeedtest.com

it seems to give more realistic(optomistic?) results. it seems to me that there is something in the dsl reports data packet that makes blazer hang. mobilespeedtest's packet(1mb) downloads without any hangups and gives you a nice explenation at the end of the test.
    PDR477,

What speed do you get? - I got 2.18 Mbps twice - cleared cache and cookies and got 2.00 Mbps four times - both with weak signals - I'll try at work tomorrow where my signal strength is pegged.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    just ran it again. on my VZW 755 with 3 bars and a freshly cleared cache I got 422.4 kbps (52.8 KB/sec download)

the first time I ran it today I got in the high 600kbps
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ok just re-ran it and got 1.2Mbps... it seems that bug comes up when you choose "retest". I've never had that but when typing the address into the address bar(or clicking a link)
  8.    #28  
    I gave up on the speed tests since the results seem to be all over the board. I never noticed how wide the range was but then again I have never ran so many tests. I decided to use a more meaningful measure. I tuned into a 320 kbps music station and noted the number of skips in a 30 minute period with the 755. It skipped about every 30 seconds. Then I went to Alltel and connected to the same music station on the 700wx. It never skipped on the wx. There is something inherently wrong with the 755 in Springfield Missouri that causes it to be slower than the 700wx. So even though the wx is old, fat and has a retarded antenna sticking out of it, I had to go for the best device on the fastest network in this little crap town. Thanks a ton for everyone's help. This was a painful experiment.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12