Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ordered from expansys, waiting for delivery tomorrow can not wait. I have had all the old treos even a 750v been messing about with some wm6 devices, but need to go back to simplicity.

Can not wait to stop using my BB8320. Has anyone tried the palm navigation software?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Ordered from expansys, waiting for delivery tomorrow can not wait. I have had all the old treos even a 750v been messing about with some wm6 devices, but need to go back to simplicity.

Can not wait to stop using my BB8320. Has anyone tried the palm navigation software?
    Congrats, shoppy! Let us know when it arrives.
    tim
  3.    #3  
    Will do, waiting for post man now. :-)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Same here. I just ordered a black GSM Centro.

Should arrive tomorrow. I can´t wait
    I also just ordered one from Expansys. I was going to wait for a white or red version, but just couldn't. Will just order a skin.
    Not be left out - I have just ordered one from Expansys as well.

K.
    [need to go back to simplicity.]

Welcome back to the force side. We hope your adventures in the dark side (WM) were an addition to your valuable training under Master Garnet.
    Treo 180, 300, 600, 650, still regretting the 680, Centro, ...
    Waiting for the next worthy smart-phone while test-driving an iPhone for the last 3 months.
  8.    #8  
    Not really reference the dark side I have an iphone, which drives me up the wall. I have been using palm for years and have gone through numerous ones T, T2, TC, TW T3, palm zire, Treo 600, 650, 680 and even the vodafone 750v. I like new toys what can I say. Thanks you, so far fingers crossed things are no to bad.
    Mine arrived yesterday. It's a really nice shiny black with speckles. I noticed that unlike the AT&T version, the European unlocked GSM phone doesn't have the bump below the speaker.

Btw, if someone else is ordering from Expansys UK and would like a £10 discount (off any order over £20), PM me. They gave me a voucher that expires on 7th March.
    Congrats to everyone with new Centros! Have fun with your new toys!
    so far so good...

got my centro today to replace my 680 here in Canada. (ordered from expansys uk).

I figured since the software is virtually identical, I could do a restore off the sd and be back in business. This worked flawlessly.

No muss no fuss. I picked this up to tide me over until the linux treos come out next year and my current 680 is pretty banged up (cracks everywhere and got it when they first came out).

I've found the reception is slightly better, and the speakerphone and voice quality is better than the 680.

However, the one pain in the **** is the earpiece speaker. It's a tiny hole and if your ear is slightly off from this, you hear virtually nothing.

But I think I can live with this.

I also picked up a Sandisk 8gb MicroSD card and copied over the contents of my 8GB SD card.

I find the microsd card to be MUCH faster.

Overall, the Centro is a much snappier, more responsive, smaller 680.

So far I like it, but not a big fan of the black colour with speckles all over it.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I ordered one from Expansys this morning. How fast is their shipping? Does it really take them 3 days to process the order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh View Post

Overall, the Centro is a much snappier, more responsive, smaller 680.

So far I like it, but not a big fan of the black colour with speckles all over it.
    That's why I like my white centro.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    KevinM,

Mine took 3 days from order to my door...would have been 2 if there wasnt a screwup on their end and they had to call my bank to fix it
    Expansys is selling the Centro on Ebay for $319!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Palm-Centro-Unlo...QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure I want it in black though...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Mine is out for delivery! Of course the UPS dude couldnt come before I left for work! Hopefully someone gets home before he shows up to sign for it! I finally found a working Centro at the att store and played with it! I was very impressed!! Cant wait to play with mine!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinM® View Post
    Mine is out for delivery! Of course the UPS dude couldnt come before I left for work! Hopefully someone gets home before he shows up to sign for it! I finally found a working Centro at the att store and played with it! I was very impressed!! Cant wait to play with mine!
    Congrats, Kevin. So, why did you order it? Didn't they have any at the store you could actually buy?
    tim
    If you got the black unlocked GSM from Expansys, I'm curious how you think it looks...
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    If you got the black unlocked GSM from Expansys, I'm curious how you think it looks...
    Hi!

Got my Black GSM Centro from Palm Store Italy last week; it looks fine, I'd dare to say with a "modern" design too, and compared to my "old" Treo 680 the difference in size is noticeable :-)

Ciao

Sergio
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Congrats, Kevin. So, why did you order it? Didn't they have any at the store you could actually buy?
    I ordered mine from Premiere, a business side of ATT. My company allows me to upgrade multiple time per year. Some order online to get additional rebates or a better deal. Some people don't live in a town with a coperate store.
    Mike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast