Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there a freeware alternative to SAG or even, a different application that is not freeware?
    Nope.....

Nothing else that I know of that will allow A2DP connectivity from a Treo or Centro to a bluetooth stereo headset.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Nope.....

Nothing else that I know of that will allow A2DP connectivity from a Treo or Centro to a bluetooth stereo headset.

Ditto.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Besides, Softick deserve a return for providing a capability that was regarded as impossible with Garnet.
    Plus, once you get it, you will most likely use it a lot.

I have trouble paying for something that I will only use once in a blue moon. But something I use almost every day is worth it.
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
  6.    #6  
    Good point, Franko.
    will this work with a non-a2dp headset? i have the motorola H12. When i tied it to my MotoQ all the sounds of my motoQ would go to my bluetooth....the clicking of the button, the ringtones, everything would play straight through it.

this is not the case on the palm....now all my sounds come from my phone. That means if my phone is on my desk and i get an email i don't know about it if i'm in the next room. with my Q, i would get my alert right in my bluetooth. no extra software or anything....it would even play my custom ring tones and music through my mono headset just fine without me messing with it. until i switched to my palm i just assumed all bluetooth was like this, just automatically sending any sounds to the headset when it's on.
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    will this work with a non-a2dp headset? i have the motorola H12. When i tied it to my MotoQ all the sounds of my motoQ would go to my bluetooth....the clicking of the button, the ringtones, everything would play straight through it.

this is not the case on the palm....now all my sounds come from my phone. That means if my phone is on my desk and i get an email i don't know about it if i'm in the next room. with my Q, i would get my alert right in my bluetooth. no extra software or anything....it would even play my custom ring tones and music through my mono headset just fine without me messing with it. until i switched to my palm i just assumed all bluetooth was like this, just automatically sending any sounds to the headset when it's on.

it has to do with palm and its bluetooth.
    thats life i guess.
    palm is way behind. i know exactly what u mean bro, my gf's crappy verizon lg is like 3 years old and it works the same as ur Q did.

Ive had every palm since the 290
    O well, lets hope palm doesnt come out with another outdated POS when they release their new phones in the next few quarters.

neway...

Just use SAG for ur Bluetooth audio needs.
    No need to buy,
    after the trial period just Delete the Saved Preference files..
    there are 3 of them.
    Then ur good for another 14 days.
    Does SAG work flawless with the treo 755p?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Only a few programs work "flawless" on PALM OS - SAG works very well for what it is intended to do - which is audio - but if you add audio and video it can be difficult sometimes but still works.

On my 755p with a Jabra BT8040 earbud and it always works near perfect with Pocket Tunes - Kinoma not as good as Pocket Tunes - but pretty close - works well with Sprint TV and TCPMP - but not good with Slingplayer.

Hope that helps.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    ...it always works near perfect with Pocket Tunes - Kinoma not as good as Pocket Tunes - but pretty close - works well with Sprint TV and TCPMP - but not good with Slingplayer.
    Kinoma Player should work as well with SAG as well as pTunes in similar scenarios, and if it doesn't we'd really love to know about it.

We made the Sprint TV player (Kinoma Media Embedded) and SlingPlayer Mobile for Palm OS, so those should all work similarly with SAG.

If you ever run into problems, SAG preferences can be tweaked to use less CPU power so that there's enough for streaming and video/audio decoding. (Although we can't officially support Lightspeed, I've read a couple reports from people who've had good luck using it with Kinoma Player and SAG.)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Charles@Kinoma - I have tried to cure the problem by email tech support and the forum many different times - but in a nutshell if you want to know again - SAG works fine with Kinoma on podcasts and a few video/audio Youtube files - now "without" SAG, Kinoma is perfect - with SAG I don't know if the 755p has the CPU horsepower to drive audio and video thru SAG - even playing mp3's with pretty low bitrates settings - it always gives a ever so slight consistant hiccup sometimes every 10sec or every 14sec or every whatever seconds like clockwork - it is dependent on what is being played at the moment - I wrote a lot of info on how everything works on the treocentral forum and thru support - I also sometimes use Lightspeed and sometimes it helps. And no I don't have "anything running in the background "polling" like Chattermail and the like.

Slingplayer I definitely can not watch video and audio, i.e., TV show with SAG. video almost gets stopped dead it is tracks and sudio is horrible.

So bottom line - SAG "does" good for audio as it was deigned to do - just not mp3 audio thru Kinoma and as I have said many times - it works perfect with Pocket Tunes even in background mode whether thru SAG or not.

So if you made Slingplayer, it may be like Kinoma - it just requires more CPU then the 755p probably has - no big deal - I just use Kinoma and SlingPlayer with out SAG and everything is fine - if I want to use SAG then I use Pocket Tunes, Sprint TV and TCPMP.

I don't know what else I can say - Iv'e tried so many different settings and combination it could make your head spin - and no matter what I try - I "ALWAYS" get the same results no matter the combination. SAG just doesn't work as well with Kinoma and SlingPlayer with or withou Lightspeed. It's not my Treo 755p, becaus e it is "rock solid" with the exception when I try to use SAG.

Edited: dang after I sent you my reply email I thought I try the SAG and Kinoma again - yup, same problem - with the exception that I didn't make it thru the whole mp3 - just half way before it rebooted - after it rebooted I immediately tried Pocket tunes again - rock solid! - btw this happened before and after my Sprint 1.04 to 1.07 rom upgrade. For me SAG only works with Kinoma sometimes and 98% of the time in podcasts - no SAG no problems with Kinoma - and I played the whole mp3 in Pocket Tunes before Kinoma and after the reboot of Kinoma.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 04/10/2008 at 09:26 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    dang after I sent you my reply email I thought I try the SAG and Kinoma again - yup, same problem - with the exception that I didn't make it thru the whole mp3 - just half way before it rebooted
    Thanks for the additional detail, and for working with our support folks on this.

I talked with them about the Los Lobos MP3 file that crashes your device, and it's working on all of their test devices with SAG installed. (I believe they looped it for a half hour on some devices to make sure.)

I wish we had an insta-solution for you. As it is, a grade-and-pave (when you have the opportunity) is probably the easiest way to determine what's going on. Based on our testing Kinoma Player will SAG will work well together in a baseline Palm OS environment, and then it's fairly straightforward to identify the culprit as you re-install other favorites.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    I remember in an email you sent me or some communication with me you said you were able to play successfully and duplicate my problem - but the best you could do was make the hiccup less noticable and no crash - is that correct?

In other words no crash but still a slight hiccup in probably in base configuration and SAG - correct?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I have started using SAG on the 2 Centros in the family and other than the lack of get up and go, it works well with both applications.

Ben
    Yeah.. I have tried SAG with Slingplayer and I know a lot of people have tried Slingplayer. It just doesn't work. I wish it did.
    Yeah i get the same problem with kinoma when watching videos or listening to the radio.
    It plays funny in tcmcp too.
    Last edited by stayfly; 04/30/2008 at 03:19 PM.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    Yeah i get the same problem with kinoma when watching videos or listening to the radio. It plays funny in tcmcp too.
    SAG is very processor-intensive (although you have some control over this), so ultimately you're going to be limited by the amount of CPU power that your device can provide.

Realistically, SAG should work well with Kinoma Player audio playback. Using it for video will be hit-or-miss since video decoding is also very processor intensive.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have started using SAG on the 2 Centros in the family and other than the lack of get up and go, it works well with both applications.

Ben
    Which apps are you talking about?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    it has to do with palm and its bluetooth.

Just use SAG for ur Bluetooth audio needs.
    No need to buy,
    after the trial period just Delete the Saved Preference files..
    there are 3 of them.
    Then ur good for another 14 days.
    What do I need to delete in order to redownload and access another trial period?

Appreciate the info...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast