1.    #1  
    Since installing Vista and Notsync Manager 7.0.2, I get the attached errors on just about every Chatteremail PDB file. I have seen the threads with the PmTraceDatabase and the turning off of the backup attribute. This also worked with these files, but then the bit gets turned off and the same problem appears again. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Anyone running Vista, Hot Sync Manager 7.0.2, and Chatteremail not experiencing this problem?
    Ahhh, the infamous PmTraceDb error that appears in both Windows XP and Vista OS using Palm Desktop 6.2, that looks something like this:
    PMTraceDatabase
    Protocol Error
    Handheld file could not be opened. (4004)
    SYNCERR_FILE_NOT_OPEN
    If your Hotsync comes back with messages every time informing you that there were errors, this is usually it. The solution, however, is relatively easy to fix:
    1.. Launch FileZ or Resco Explorer and tap on view and edit files
    2. Open the internal folder and tap pmtracedatabase and put a check mark next to it
    3. Tap details
    4. Tap on the "Attrs" tab
    5. Uncheck the box next to backup
    6. Click Save
    7. Sync
  4.    #4  
    Never had this in Windows/XP. This solution fixed (work around) the PmTraceDatabase problem. It also fixes the Chatteremail problem, but something turns this off for the Chatteremail files. It is either reset or hotsync. No big deal because I back everything up every night. I would just like a clean hotsync.
    sweet, i was having this problem with win xp (tablet 05). so does this not get backed up to my computer now? i kinda would like to have it on my computer just in case.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    sweet, i was having this problem with win xp (tablet 05). so does this not get backed up to my computer now? i kinda would like to have it on my computer just in case.
    Correct. It is not getting backed up.
    It worked. What happens if you don't have this file backed up and you have a hard reset? What does this file actually have in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO View Post
    It worked. What happens if you don't have this file backed up and you have a hard reset? What does this file actually have in it?
    yeah...
    can somebody please answer this...

thanks
    Its no big deal. The database file is basically meaningless. I have done a number of hard resets and never lost any important data. There was some other threads discussing just what the database file was for. But, for me, it was more a pain to have it then not to have it. So..its no longer backed up. It is from a ROM app anyway, so you're not going to lose anything.
    thanks for the update on the file