Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I have the most recent version of Pocket Tunes Deluxe (4.0.6) installed on my Centro, but there is no "Internet Radio" choice under the Tools menu, as it says there would be in the Pocket Tunes User Guide. Is there something else I need to install to make this feature available to me?

Thanks for your wisdom.
    tim
    What you need to do is open pTunes and press the device menu button. Then scroll down to 'External Media Prefs' and select it.

Then tick the box next to 'Handle Streaming Media' at the bottom of the screen, then tap the OK button.

Not hard at all to figure out....

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    What you need to do is open pTunes and press the device menu button. Then scroll down to 'External Media Prefs' and select it.

Then tick the box next to 'Handle Streaming Media' at the bottom of the screen, then tap the OK button.

Not hard at all to figure out....

Here's the problem: I don't have that either!!! It shows all of the media types that pocket tunes will be the default player for, but no option that says "Handle Streaming Media". Is my phone haunted?
    tim
    Well my pTunes v 4.0.6 has it.

Delete pTunes 4.0.6 from the RAM and run the 4.0.6 nutshell installer again. Maybe your 4.0.6 install was haunted.....

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Well my pTunes v 4.0.6 has it.

Delete pTunes 4.0.6 from the RAM and run the 4.0.6 nutshell installer again. Maybe your 4.0.6 install was haunted.....

OK, deleted v. 4.0.6; Centro reverted back to v 4.0.4; no way to delete that, even if I wanted to. re-downloaded the installer; placed on my sd card, instead of internal memory this time; installed from there; everything went great; opened pt; checked version (it was 4.0.6).

STILL THE SAME RESULTS!

Just to be sure, I checked my wife's Centro, and she has exactly the same as I do.

Anyone???
    tim
    OK, when you go to About Pocket Tunes from the PT menu, It says "Pocket Tunes Version 4.0.6 Deluxe" correct?

When you go to 'External Media Prefs' in the PT menu and select it, you don't have a 'Handle Streaming Media' option at the bottom of the screen, above the 'OK' and 'Cancel' buttons??

Again, at the bottom of the screen.....

Is this a CDMA Sprint Centro or a GSM ATT Centro?

are you sure you have the deluxe version? That sounds like you just have the basic version installed of ptunes and the basic version I think doesn't have those options.
    ^^ Well that's why I asked in my post above yours if timmyb's version is deluxe. If timmyb is getting the pTunes 4.0.6 update from using the pT update menu option, he is suppose to be getting the 4.0.6 Deluxe version from normsoft.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    are you sure you have the deluxe version? That sounds like you just have the basic version installed of ptunes and the basic version I think doesn't have those options.
    Yes, when I go to About PT, under the Help menu, it says "Version 4.0.6 Deluxe". I feel like there must be some other software piece that I am missing, but none of you seem to have had to install it, y'know?
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Wow. This was posted by Codeworks in another thread, where I had asked the same question:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like from what I am reading that unless you actually purchase the full version from Normsoft and install it over the one currently on the device, you will NOT get Internet radio.

Somehow ATT has managed to disable that functionality from its installed version as well as upgrades unless you install a completely new Deluxe version over it.

The reason for this is that ATT sells its XM radio and Media services as part of a monthly subscription and they do not want Pocket Tunes to interfere with those revenues.

That is all speculation of course... However, it makes sense. I just dont like it.

As I see it I am already losing 3g capabilities with the ATT version over Sprint and on top of that, I now have to spend extra to take advantage of functionality that was in the Sprint version and removed from the ATT version.

Just my thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that is true, how crazy is that???
    tim
    Well, don't have that problem on a Sprint Centro.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Well, don't have that problem on a Sprint Centro.

But, as I've noted in MANY other posts, not all of us live in an area where Sprint has coverage that is acceptable. I would have bought my Centro 3 months ago, if it weren't for that!
    tim
    I believe the license key thats bundled with the ATT centro limits the functionality.

I found my old prc for ptunes 4.01 on my 650 and installed that onto the centro.

internet radio works perfectly. the only thing i am missing is the very convenient file transfer app that it had with the newer ptunes.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miztahsparklez View Post
    I believe the license key thats bundled with the ATT centro limits the functionality.

I found my old prc for ptunes 4.01 on my 650 and installed that onto the centro.

internet radio works perfectly. the only thing i am missing is the very convenient file transfer app that it had with the newer ptunes.
    OK, if miztahsparklez is correct, this really bites. Would someone with a Sprint Centro be willing to PM me your license key so I could test it out? If this is true, we need to make that info VERY public, because I believe it's a false claim on ATT's part to say that the Centro comes with PocketTunes Deluxe, when in fact it doesn't come with the full functionality that the program has built in to it.
    tim
    try Mundu Radio. It's free. I just gave it a whirl and it works pretty well. It only works for mp3 streams at the moment. It's in beta. You can log on their website and update your stations. Then log in on your Centro and update the list. Should be easier than having to enter the adr on your Centro.
    Last edited by crogs571; 02/25/2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    ^ False Claim? I dunno about that. When the Sprint Centro was released with PT 4.0.4 Deluxe, internet streaming was not the default either.

I and many others contacted normsoft about the issue. I was told by a normsoft team member that 4.0.4 was neutered by agreement with Sprint and Palm. Prolly had something to do with Kinoma 1.04 being bundled with it.
    Gawd, I hate Kinoma.......

normsoft came out with a 4.0.5 Deluxe version shortly afterwards. There are different versions of Deluxe. Apparently based on the carrier preferences.

You need to contact normsoft and complain about it. They will no doubt come up with something.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    ^ False Claim? I dunno about that. When the Sprint Centro was released with PT 4.0.4 Deluxe, internet streaming was not the default either.

I and many others contacted normsoft about the issue. I was told by a normsoft team member that 4.0.4 was neutered by agreement with Sprint and Palm. Prolly had something to do with Kinoma 1.04 being bundled with it.
    Gawd, I hate Kinoma.......

normsoft came out with a 4.0.5 Deluxe version shortly afterwards. There are different versions of Deluxe. Apparently based on the carrier preferences.

You need to contact normsoft and complain about it. They will no doubt come up with something.

It is a false claim because:

1. ATT says it comes with PocketTunes Deluxe v.4
    2. NormSoft says PT Deluxe v.4 HAS internet radio

If they are hacking it to not do this, they need to make that public. Would it have made a difference to me as to not buying this phone? Probably not. Will it make a difference to someone down the road? Quite possibly. That is why I want this info public, so that others who read forums like this BEFORE they buy (as I did) can make an informed decision, not out of spite towards ATT.
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    try Mundu Radio. It's free. I just gave it a whirl and it works pretty well. It only works for mp3 streams at the moment. It's in beta. You can log on their website and update your stations. Then log in on your Centro and update the list. Should be easier than having to enter the adr on your Centro.
    Thanks, Crogs. I'll give it a try tonight. (Hopefully, ATT won't block it by then!)

==================================================================

Update: Done already! Talk about painless; the whole thing took 5 minutes. Cool selection of free stations. I hope it stays free!

Thanks again, Crogs. I wish I knew about this yesterday; I could have spent my time MUCH more wisely!
    Last edited by TimmyB; 02/25/2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: update
    tim
    Downloading ptunes via phone update and through website yield the same result of no internet radio. So i dont think its so much different versions, as it is for different keys that identify the phone/product.

maybe they will eventually fix it.. who knows.
    Very welcome. I was pretty impressed with the free stations. Found quite a few cool ones. Between my Sirius Stiletto having wifi and Mundu Radio, I'll never be hurting for music.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Update: Done already! Talk about painless; the whole thing took 5 minutes. Cool selection of free stations. I hope it stays free!

Thanks again, Crogs. I wish I knew about this yesterday; I could have spent my time MUCH more wisely!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast