1.    #1  
    I find the Treo 650 screen and keyboard to be very bright even at the lowest setting when using it at night. I wish I could make it dimmer. The Option+Right Shift keystroke makes the screen dimmer but leaves the keyboard brighter than the screen, which is annoying.

Is the Centro's minimum setting as bright as the 650's?
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    With the 650 download a program called Keyshades. It is a hack that turns off your keyboard backlight while leaving the screen on. Many don't use it on the centro because of their new "option + menu" dims the screen and turns out the keyboard light.
    no, the minimum setting is one step darker than the 650, yet the brightest setting seems much brigter than the 650.

ive also noticed that the centro has a more white tone vs the 650 with a bluish tinge.

Though, for the keyboard, i usually use kblights to shut it off on the 650. dont know if thatll work for the centro. the lights on the centro also seem to have a warmer tone to it as well(i have the att centro).
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info, Fatal99 and miztahsparklez!
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA