1.    #1  
    I have Pockets Tunes Tunes Deluxe and Kinoma Player 4EX. Is there anything extra that CorePlayer or mOcean can add in multimedia feaures such as playing additional formats or any other features? I don't want to needlessly load down my Treo with extra programs. I appreciate your feedback on what things, if any, CorePlayer and mOcean can do that Pocket Tunes Deluxe and
    Kinoma Player 4EX can't.
    CorePlayer is pretty much done with the Palm OS. They're focusing all of their attention to Win Mobile. You can download the free TCPMP and get what you don't already have with PTunes and Kinoma. I can't comment on mOcean since I've never used it.
  3.    #3  
    According to the CorePlayer Mobile - Palm forum site a new upgraded verion
    (1.2) is scheduled for release within the next few days. Maybe they aren't finished with Palm yet. But I will be interested in comments on any added media formats or features that CorePlayer or mOceans offers beyone Pocket Tunes Deluxe and Kinoma Player 4EX.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmTreo650User View Post
    I have Pockets Tunes Tunes Deluxe and Kinoma Player 4EX. Is there anything extra that CorePlayer or mOcean can add in multimedia feaures such as playing additional formats or any other features? I don't want to needlessly load down my Treo with extra programs. I appreciate your feedback on what things, if any, CorePlayer and mOcean can do that Pocket Tunes Deluxe and
    Kinoma Player 4EX can't.
    I'm using Coreplayer since pTunes won't play flac files.
    so the best alternate to pocket tunes is core player
    Unfortunately the answer is it depends. What are you wanting an alternative for? I personally use Kinoma, PTunes Deluxe and the free version of TCPMP and I can play just about anything.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I use pTunes deluxe. It handles all I need and plays in the background. I only have only one gripe and that is that 9/10 of the time I boot ut up pTunes will search the card for music. This is even when I never take out the card or add music. nothing changes but it still searches. with a 8GB SDHC card this takes about 20 swconds. it drives me batty. here are my questions to add to the conversation:

1. Does Kinoma (or the others) remember your music library on your card, or re-search the card each time?
    2. Does Kinoma have ESPN or other sports stations on its internet radio lineup?
    3. Does Kinoma (or others) pause the music and return to it when a call comes in?
    TCPMP pauses Bluetooth music and returns to it after a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    1. Does Kinoma (or the others) remember your music library on your card, or re-search the card each time?
    Either. (It's a setting.)

2. Does Kinoma have ESPN or other sports stations on its internet radio lineup?
    Yes, no other product available for any phone can match the content in Kinoma Media Guide. There's built-in search for radio stations, too.

3. Does Kinoma (or others) pause the music and return to it when a call comes in?
    No, the current Kinoma Player doesn't automatically resume. However, if you've been listening to a streaming podcast it does remember where you left off and will continue from there.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Either. (It's a setting.)

Yes, no other product available for any phone can match the content in Kinoma Media Guide. There's built-in search for radio stations, too.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    you mean built in search against prestored radio stations, don't you? Isn't there a vast number of radio stations streaming out there that Kinoma doesn't search against?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    PalmTreo650User, not being familiar with mOcean, I decided to do some research. According to reviews I've read, if you aren't using iTunes, there is no advantage to using mOcean over Ptunes deluxe. Additionally, I think Ptunes is 10 bucks cheaper.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    you mean built in search against prestored radio stations, don't you?
    Searches aren't pre-stored in the sense that Kinoma Media Guide is really a continuously-updated web service powered not only by Kinoma, but also other service providers like Clear Channel, TUNED.mobi, etc.

Isn't there a vast number of radio stations streaming out there that Kinoma doesn't search against?
    I'm sure you can find radio stations that aren't in Kinoma Media Guide. But everything you do find will work (assuming the station's stream is up), and we're always happy to find and add stations based on customer requests.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Will Kinoma be upgraded anytime soon to incorporate resume after call and background play?

And maybe a better UI and speedier performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Will Kinoma be upgraded anytime soon to incorporate resume after call...
    Kinoma Player can resume podcasts where you left off, but if I'm understanding you correctly you'd also like it to (for example) take you back to the podcast automatically on re-launch. I think that's a great feature request.

...and background play?
    Not on the current Palm OS, since it can't be done without hacks that end up hurting overall device reliability.

We look forward to the successor to Palm OS, which will presumably support modern mobile OS features like multitasking.

If you have specific UI suggestions, we're always happy to get feedback.

Kinoma Player's speed is limited by the device. There are overclocking utilities we can't officially support, but we know of at least a couple customers using them successfully with Kinoma Player.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Will Kinoma be upgraded anytime soon to incorporate resume after call and background play?

Ptunes has resume after call and background play (don't bother, Charles. We know its a hack.... but it works near flawlessly).
    don't bother, Charles.
    I was just responding to OLD_HATCH's specific questions about Kinoma Player.

I'm not here to disparage choices that other developers might make, but I can't help but be fairly passionate about it since reliability issues caused by other apps make up a large percentage of our support issues.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post

If you have specific UI suggestions, we're always happy to get feedback.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Yeah

How about making look a little more 3 dimensional???

Something like this......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...p-C401AB5B.jpg

Kinoma is very user friendly and really doesnt need anything more than a little update in look. I know the Palm OS is very plain but I think most of us would appreciate maybe making it skinable (like ptunes etc) or just a better looking UI like what I posted above.

What do you think, in Kinoma 4.5 maybe?????
    I had to download TCPMP as I can't find a FLAC plugin for Pocket Tunes, sadly. I really like pTunes aside from that. If I could find this plugin, I'd have no use for TCPMP, as I don't think I'll watch many videos on my phone.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Ptunes, Kinoma, and TCPMP. I have, and daily use, all three apps. A bit pricey, I know.... but until I can get all of what I need in one app...