1.    #1  
    Anybody out there got the palm GPS cradle w/ built in speakers etc.?

It looks good based on description and would be great for my limited need for GPS. But I don't want to buy a $170 piece of crap either if it does not work.

I am not opposed to a bluetooth type GPS which look good also, but I figure that I need a cradle/charger/speaker phone as well...so if it works well...

Anybody out there using it and can give me some feedback.

Thanks

Skigs
    I won;t get it ... if someone notices your cradle is the palm one, they would break into your car to get it. Only takes 3 secs to break the glass.
  3.    #3  
    OK...hadn't really thought that far out...Hadn't even thought of theft of a cradle as being an issue being a suburbanite kind of guy. Is this really an issue? Anyone?

So...I'll hav to put that under consideration before plunking down any cash.

But back to the original question....does the thing work well...or at all for that matter?

Thanks

Skigs
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs View Post
    OK...hadn't really thought that far out...Hadn't even thought of theft of a cradle as being an issue being a suburbanite kind of guy. Is this really an issue? Anyone?

So...I'll hav to put that under consideration before plunking down any cash.

But back to the original question....does the thing work well...or at all for that matter?

Thanks

Skigs

Yeah, most thugs will break into your car when they see the car is for a portible GPS unit or in your case, a built in GPS + speaker cradle. Even if you have a normal dedicated GPS cradle, 90% of the time ... the thugs will break into your car & hoping you have tried to hide the unit somewhere in the car. Since it's so big and chunky, most ppl don't like carrying them around.

I would just get a normal cradle, so they know your unit out of there & it could be used for an ipod.