Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Just got my wife a 755p. I use a BlackBerry. We used to communicate via BB messenger but now have to use text messaging. So, I have a couple of questions.

Is there a free chat app that would work between the blackberry and the 755p (not AOL, google, or yahoo) or should we just use the built in text messaging chat window that comes on it....

Also, what is the deal with email on this thing? I have setup VersaMail and she hasnt gotten any email. Downloaded Sprint Mobile Email app and still doesnt get any email. I have my own domain and have the settings for it (obviously).....it worked flawlessly on her previous BB via BIS.

Any suggestions?

PS - I miss my back button (I say "I" because I really want to give this Treo a shot - Ive been a BlackBerry guy forever).

Thanks.
    You basically have three options for communicating with each other in a "real-time" fashion: IM, Text, or Email. All three require a data plan, and depending on your plan, Text may be an additional cost to the data plan. The Stock Messaging app works fine for sending and receiving text messages, so the only consideration here is the cost in your plan. To use IM you will have to add a third party app (IM+ or Mundu IM), but given that you said you don't want to communicate via AOL, Yahoo, or Google), the IM format is probably out. That leaves email as the only other possibility. Not sure why the email is not working. Again, I would suggest checking your carrier's plan. Perhaps you haven't added data to your plan. If you have, then it is likely something wrong in the setup. Both email apps function well enough for most everyone, so I'm not sure wny your wife's 755p is not working. In order to use email in 'real time" you would have to set it up as push email. I think both Sprint and Versa do this. However, they do create a drain on the battery in this mode.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    You basically have three options for communicating with each other in a "real-time" fashion: IM, Text, or Email. All three require a data plan, and depending on your plan, Text may be an additional cost to the data plan. The Stock Messaging app works fine for sending and receiving text messages, so the only consideration here is the cost in your plan. To use IM you will have to add a third party app (IM+ or Mundu IM), but given that you said you don't want to communicate via AOL, Yahoo, or Google), the IM format is probably out. That leaves email as the only other possibility. Not sure why the email is not working. Again, I would suggest checking your carrier's plan. Perhaps you haven't added data to your plan. If you have, then it is likely something wrong in the setup. Both email apps function well enough for most everyone, so I'm not sure wny your wife's 755p is not working. In order to use email in 'real time" you would have to set it up as push email. I think both Sprint and Versa do this. However, they do create a drain on the battery in this mode.
    Thanks. I didn't see anywhere within the Sprint email that allowed me to change any of the settings. Also, email did start working using the Sprint branded app but it took over as the messaging button beside the home button. My wife was using that button for texting to me. what would be the best way to set it up since it doesn't appear that you can rearrange the icons on the Treo to best suit most used icons. (not with paying for software). Thanks,

DW
    Quote Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
    ... it doesn't appear that you can rearrange the icons on the Treo to best suit most used icons. (not with paying for software). Thanks,

DW
    Not sure if it will adddress your problem, but look at putting her "most used icons" in a separate launcher category.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    She is getting very sporadic email using the Sprint App. She still has versamail on the device but when I went to delete that account, it says that I have to have at least one acct on versamail. Could this conflict be causing the issue? Suggestions?