1.    #1  
    My 755 started a problem last night. All the sudden my Contacts Tasks Calandar are not syncing. Im at work now but if I remember correctly, there was a message that said something about adjusting a Conduit???Im not sure, but does anyone know what the deal is with that. Also does any one have any info why the 755 locks up for a short time when I go from, any appliation to my e-mail then it resets. Is there a fix....Thanks Z
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem with hotsyncing...
    To the OP, it sounds like you have a corruption issue with your Contacts. Get TealScan from TealPoint.com (its still in beta so therefore free) and then run the scan and repair any corrupted PIM data. If it comes up with corrupted info, just simply hit the Info key and it will give you an option to fix it. Then run the Maintain function (which will find any orphan files, cleans out temp files, etc.). The maintain function is not perfect, so you have to be careful and ensure that the orphan data truly is orphan and not just a database for an app on the card, for example. Nevertheless, it is fairly easy to identify whether some of the files there are old or trial apps that have been left behind.

Once you fix the PIM data, try HotSyncing again and see if it works. If you still can't sync, go into the HotSync icon on your desktop and hit the applications button, then try hotsyncing everything but contacts, and then hotsync again with everything including contacts. If that doesn't work, then set whichever end you have more confidence in as being the most complete contacts list (handheld of desktop) to over-ride the other and hotsync again. You should've been able to correct the problem by this point.

Now as for the email reset issue, it is possible it is also tied to the corrupt data, but may also be a completely different problem. First thing I would do is take the email client offline and then check out all its functions, making sure that everything is set to what it should be, the server address and password are still correct, etc. If everything looks fine I would try (after backing everything up) a hard reset and then doing a complete restore. If the problem persists, then I would do another hard reset and this time do a selective restore (I personally do a selective restore in groups, as it is faster then one app at a time. Once I restore a group that causes the reset again, I can then concentrate on the apps just in that group and may either divide into smaller groups or one app at a time). That should resolve that problem.
  4.    #4  
    Stupid question. Am I using the TealScan scan the PC. or the Palm inself.....Z
    On the Palm itself.
  6.    #6  
    Stupid #2, how do I get it on the palm
    Go to Tealpoint.com, hit products, then look for TealScan's beta app. Hit download and respond to any prompts to downloading it to your computer. Once you have saved it, open it and you will see a file with the letters prc after it. Double click on that and it will go to Quick Install or on Vista, to the install tool. Then go into the Hotsync icon, hit settings, hit applications, then set unclick the box next to each of the PIM areas that you said were not hotsyncing. Do a hotsync and TealScan will be on your device. Open the application up, hit the scan tab, at the bottom hit the button that says scan for issues and wait while it scans. It will then come back with any errors. To fix the errors just click on details and then click on fix, and you should be back in business. One more thing before you Hotsync though. Go back into the Hotsync icon, hit settings>applications>then check all the boxes you unchecked earlier. Then do your Hotsync and hopefully it should all work. It sounds rather complicated, but actually it shouldn't take more then a few minutes.