Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Xiino works well with the Centro? I used it with my 650 and it was much faster than Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Does anyone know if Xiino works well with the Centro? I used it with my 650 and it was much faster than Blazer.
    It should work but I doubt it will be better than the current Blazer, or Opera Mini. Remember that Xiino is a proxied browser. Why don't you just try it -- it still available for download. But trying to actually buy it is another problem, as the developer seems to have vanished and nobody's around to take your money
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    It should work but I doubt it will be better than the current Blazer, or Opera Mini. Remember that Xiino is a proxied browser. Why don't you just try it -- it still available for download. But trying to actually buy it is another problem, as the developer seems to have vanished and nobody's around to take your money
    so is opera mini a better browser for the centro?
    Actually, no third party browser is better than Blazer, be it Opera Mini, Universe Web Browser or any other is better on the Centro, or any other Treo using CDMA EV DO.

All third party browsers suffer from intermitten crashes and freeze ups, because they handle device memory poorly.

I have Opera with JVM and Universe Web Browser installed on a Sprint Centro and Sprint 700p and typically go back to Blazer.

If you want a non mobile friendly web site displayed on your device, use skweezer with blazer.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I agree, the only way to go is blazer, as sad as that is
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com