1.    #1  
    Tonight, Profile Care was in 'night time' mode, so the backlight was way down but I wanted to boost it up a bit to do something before bed..

After much mucking around with Opt-P seemingly not doing anything, I did a soft reset. Still nothing... So I disabled Profile care. Suddenly it's obvious what Opt-P is doing.... what Opt-Menu does! Toggle the backlight high/low.

Opt-Menu does nothing, Opt-P toggles. WTH?? So I warm reset, same thing. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I checked my wife's 680.. No, it's fine, works like I expect.

So I soft reset again, still wacky. I've even tried deleting Saved Preferences and Unsaved Preferences and doing a warm reset. SAME!

BTW, keyboard all works fine.. All keys work normally, just this key combination isn't! Also, I can control the backlight by launching the backlight button in ZLauncher, Palm Prefs, Profile Care adjusts the screen backlight itself fine, etc...

Anyone heard of this?
    Last edited by khaytsus; 02/23/2008 at 01:01 AM.
  2.    #2  
    No one? I might try a hard reset next but I can't imagine where I'd go from there..
  3.    #4  
    DOH... Too aggressive with CleanStart.. Added the hidden Brightness program (?) and it's fine now... Whew!

ODD that it persisted even on warm reset!