Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #1  
    Two, actually! One for me, one for my wife. She wants the pink, but knows that is probably not coming to ATT for awhile, so she said we can get a pink skin for it.

    Now, I've got the big learning curve to go through that most of you have already gone through with your treo 650's and 680's. Expect lots of stupid questions, after I've searched the forums, of course!

    Thanks to all who were so helpful for this past month. You really made this decision very easy for me.
    tim
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Two, actually! One for me, one for my wife. She wants the pink, but knows that is probably not coming to ATT for awhile, so she said we can get a pink skin for it.
    I'm glad to hear it!

    Enjoy!
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  3. miller's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    #3  
    I've finally got mine set up almost exactly like my 650 was. Any questions, fire away!

    Congrats on your new Centros!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Two, actually! One for me, one for my wife. She wants the pink, but knows that is probably not coming to ATT for awhile, so she said we can get a pink skin for it.

    Now, I've got the big learning curve to go through that most of you have already gone through with your treo 650's and 680's. Expect lots of stupid questions, after I've searched the forums, of course!

    Thanks to all who were so helpful for this past month. You really made this decision very easy for me.
    Assuming you went with ATT and not sprint from you PM I am thinking of getting the wife one today on sprint and giving it a try for coverage and data in this area. Of course i will have to full test it for her at work and home and at the gym. If all goes well then I have to decide on myself , centro, 755p or wait for the 800w. I like the bigger keys of the 755p I don't know of many more advantages other then more memory.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  5. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #5  
    Thanks, everyone. It's nice to know I have friends willing to help!

    Tritan, I indeed went with ATT. I really don't see the keyboard as an issue as I do most of my data entry on the PC, not the phone. I only text occasionally, and that's usually because my son texted me first. To be honest, though, I am only 5-6, 160, so my hands are a little smaller than the average.

    Coverage so far has been superb. We made several calls and connected to the web a couple of times while driving on 131 between kzoo and GR with no issues, and I just received a call while in my basement without too much noise. So far, so good.

    I've got all my contacts and calendar syched up from my old palm handheld, so I'm ready to start learning the good stuff.

    Thanks again, gang. It's time to get up to y'alls speed!
    tim
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Thanks, everyone. It's nice to know I have friends willing to help!

    Tritan, I indeed went with ATT. I really don't see the keyboard as an issue as I do most of my data entry on the PC, not the phone. I only text occasionally, and that's usually because my son texted me first. To be honest, though, I am only 5-6, 160, so my hands are a little smaller than the average.

    Coverage so far has been superb. We made several calls and connected to the web a couple of times while driving on 131 between kzoo and GR with no issues, and I just received a call while in my basement without too much noise. So far, so good.

    I've got all my contacts and calendar syched up from my old palm handheld, so I'm ready to start learning the good stuff.

    Thanks again, gang. It's time to get up to y'alls speed!
    Glad to hear it. I had the wife look at the centro on att tonight and she liked it comparing it to the 680. I then had her try it compared to the pearl and she likes the feel of the pearl as a phone better. Hmmm.. so I might be getting her a pearl instead . They didn't have a working model so I will stop back when they do and see what she thinks then.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  7. #7  
    Man, these new Palm's. I'm on my 755, & watching the wife on her Sprint Centro..I'm ready to move on, either the Black Centro(cause its smaller)or wait for the 800w, what you folks think?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Man, these new Palm's. I'm on my 755, & watching the wife on her Sprint Centro..I'm ready to move on, either the Black Centro(cause its smaller)or wait for the 800w, what you folks think?
    It depends on whether you want to switch platform.

    In the IT industry, it always comes out new products evey hour. Pesonally I suggest to get the Centro first because too many unknowns of the 800w, such as the specification, the size, the availability etc. When the 800w launched, you still able to sell your Centro in eBay.
  9. #9  
    GFONG, great point...thanks.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    GFONG, great point...thanks.
    I would say centro first also. You to will have the great threaded sms, same os to compare and share programs. I tryed the centro when my wife played with it she like the feel of the pearl to her ear better but like the rubber grip keys of the centro more then the treo 680. I was shocked she stated she felt like her fingers kept falling off the keys of the bigger keyboard. I had never heard that one before but when with it.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  11. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    I would say centro first also. You to will have the great threaded sms, same os to compare and share programs. I tryed the centro when my wife played with it she like the feel of the pearl to her ear better but like the rubber grip keys of the centro more then the treo 680. I was shocked she stated she felt like her fingers kept falling off the keys of the bigger keyboard. I had never heard that one before but when with it.
    I agree, also, and the platform is what made me buy the Centro ove all other devices. I don't want a WinMo device and I have yet to talk to anyone who has a BB who says the OS is intuitive on a level even remotely close to Palm. I simply want a great phone that has all of my contacts and calendar COMBINED WITH a great desktop software package that meets all of my needs. No one else comes close to that combination. Sorry to all of the Palm bashers out there, but this product is selling through the roof for a reason!
    tim

Posting Permissions