1.    #1  
    I've heard the AT&T version has PTT...I wonder if Sprint will enable this feature?
    I don't see why they can't when qchat releases in the next few months. you would just push the button on the side like the gsm centro it should work ok and would just be a software upgrade.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    I've heard a lot about qchat but don't know what it is? I assume its Sprint's answer to Nextel, to get consumers off of Nextel?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    I've heard a lot about qchat but don't know what it is? I assume its Sprint's answer to Nextel, to get consumers off of Nextel?
    CDMA version of Moto's IDEN's PTT--developed by Qualcomm and now licensed exclusively to Sprint.

I don't think it can work on the Sprint Centro. Reason being: MSM-6500 chipset.

QChat, IIRC, is based off of the EvDO RevA platform ergo you need the MSM-7500 or higher chips.

QChat is more than PTT as it can do basically "push-to-X" where X is anything you want: pictures, GPS coordinates, files, etc which is why you need the RevA upload increase.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Are there any Sprint phones out now that have that spec since they might not list a feature that isn't out yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Are there any Sprint phones out now that have that spec since they might not list a feature that isn't out yet?
    The only devices I know of are the high-end ones e.g. Mogul, Touch.

There was just a story on engadget about the new Sanyo Qchat...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter