1.    #1  
    i've been hearing a lot of buzz about how great this game is. anyone here play it? i've only seen it at PalmGear. apparently the developer of the game sold it to someone and ... now i can't register to make the game fully functional.

any ideas?

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Originally posted by namja
    i've been hearing a lot of buzz about how great this game is. anyone here play it? i've only seen it at PalmGear. apparently the developer of the game sold it to someone and ... now i can't register to make the game fully functional.

any ideas?
    I'm in the same boat as you. I wanted a game like the old Incredible Machine, and when I posted about that in a thread here, some helpful person pointed me to Puzzles in Motion.

I tried it and I love it, but I can't seem to register it because it's in developnment 'limbo' now it seems.

I guess all we can do now is wait and see who has it now and what they're gonna do with it.
    -Richard Powell

"Nice guys may finish last, but you know, the company's much better back here."
    I really like it. I never heard that he sold it though. I'm registered, I'll have to see what's new about it.
    Jeff
    Downloaded it and will give it a try!
  5.    #5  
    this is killing me ... i wanna register this baby ... but no one will take my money ...

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Call me dumb. I tried this game but couldn't even figure out the first level. I just don't know what the objects do. Can someone help me out? Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by mss3
    Call me dumb.
    YOU'RE DUMB!!!!!

Yeah, it takes time to figure it out. That's the FUN PART of the game, so keep working at it.

Enjoy.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    Yay! I figured out the first level of the TUTORIAL. Now I'm stuck on the second one. Gee, isn't the whole point of a tutorial to TEACH you how to play? If I knew how to operate the objects or knew what they did, then I can have more fun figuring out how to set them up to do something. I remember in the Incredible Machines, the tutorial was a lot better b/c you actually learned step by step what the objects did.

*sigh* I guess I'll have to keep trying...
    Yeah .. just toy with the objects and see what they do .. given the fact you apparently can't register it right now, might as well make the few levels of the demo version last

Joe
    Originally posted by mss3
    Yay! I figured out the first level of the TUTORIAL. Now I'm stuck on the second one. Gee, isn't the whole point of a tutorial to TEACH you how to play? If I knew how to operate the objects or knew what they did, then I can have more fun figuring out how to set them up to do something. I remember in the Incredible Machines, the tutorial was a lot better b/c you actually learned step by step what the objects did.

*sigh* I guess I'll have to keep trying...
    I don't have my Visor in front of me, but here are some things I remember:

- candles - you can light them. They fall if not supported by things.

- balls - they fall and bounce.

- rocket - they fall unless supported. If lit, they launch. They can be lit by a lit candle or by a flashlight or light bulb aimed through a magnifier, although placement can be tricky.

- brick walls. These hold things like candles, balls, rockets, from falling off the bottom of the screen.

- light switches - turn it the opposite way and they create electricity. Usually down = on, but if you switch it with the arrow button on it, up can be on so that a rocket can turn it on.

- fans - they require electricity, either from a solar panel or a light switch - they can move a falling object sideways, making them fall not in a straight-down path.

- conveyors - attach them to a turned-on motor or pully and they will move

- motor - attach it to an electrical source like a switch or solar panel and it will turn on .When turned on, if it is connected to a conveyor, the conveyor moves.

- pully - (it looks squarish) bump it with an object and it will turn on. When turned on, if it is connected to a conveyor, the conveyor moves.

- solar panel - shine a flashlight or lightbulb on it and it creates electricity.

- magnifier - shine a flashlight or lightbulb through it and it will light a candle or rocket.

I hope this helps.
    Jeff
    I Own P-I-M Color and used to really enjoy it. But now that I upgraded to an Edge I can't play it because You need to pay for both the B&W and Color versions seperately! And of course I can't register cuz the people who own it right now suck and won't take my money!!!! AAGGH! Fun game tho. I Have made a couple of my own puzzle packs wich I think Gives it a lot of Replay value. I wish they would release more of their own packs, oh well.
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >NetCaptor and Odigo Rule!<i></font>
    "The Internet is now on computers?"
    Homer Simpson
  12.    #12  
    I guess I won't be playing this for a while.

Does anyone know if there are any more levels of Vexed around? Or a place to compare scores on HMaki?

yeah, i wrote that ...
    <<I Own P-I-M Color and used to really enjoy it. But now that I upgraded to an Edge I can't play it because You need to pay for both the B&W and Color versions seperately! And of course I can't register cuz the people who own it right now suck and won't take my money!!!! AAGGH! Fun game tho. >>>

I registered the B&W version a couple of years ago. Then I upgrated to a Prism and (with the help of this discussion group) found the color version. My registration code worked with the color version!

Joe
    By george your right! They told me it wouldn't. Hmmmm. Well, It's sure not as much fun in color. But it's still awesome. Thanks!
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >NetCaptor and Odigo Rule!<i></font>
    "The Internet is now on computers?"
    Homer Simpson
    Originally posted by namja
    Does anyone know if there are any more levels of Vexed around?
    There's the 59 new levels in Vexed 1.3a at http://www.softerhardware.com/vexed.html ...I don't know of any more than that...
    freeware games - http://roguelike-palm.sf.net