1.    #1  
    According to this article from the Palm knowledgebase, once you have a Bluetooth hotsync set up, the hard button on the cradle is supposed cause the device to sync using Bluetooth by default. Here's the quote:

"Once you've set up Bluetooth HotSync, your device will sync wirelessly whenever you press the HotSync button on the cradle or cable, or whenever you tap the HotSync icon in the HotSync application. This will happen even if your device is connected to a USB HotSync cable."

Mine doesn't. Does anyone's? And if not, has anyone found a hack that makes this happen? I have mine set up this way because using bluetooth is the only way I can get the phone far enough from my computer speakers to keep it from producing feedback. I don't even have a USB cable plugged in to the cradle, and it still tries to use Cable/Cradle whenever I hit the button. Any ideas? I'd love a solution that doesn't require that I launch the software and manually do a hotsync from the touchscreen every time.
    I think Palm's article is wrong. It has always been that the hard button does the usb sync, even with the hotsync app set up for bluetooth.

not sure about any 3rd party apps that will do this for you.
  3.    #3  
    How frustrating. I can't believe there's no hack out there for this. If anybody knows of anything, please post it.
    This would be poor behavior in my opinion. I sync with two computers. One was bluetooth and the other was via cable. It is very convenient to keep the sync screen set to the bluetooth config and using the hard button on the cable to initiate the cable sync. No need to change cinfigurations around all the time.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    This would be poor behavior in my opinion. I sync with two computers. One was bluetooth and the other was via cable. It is very convenient to keep the sync screen set to the bluetooth config and using the hard button on the cable to initiate the cable sync. No need to change cinfigurations around all the time.
    Sure, but having an option to change the default would be great, since I use the bluetooth 95% of the time, and would rather override it with the screen the 5% that I don't instead of having to hit the screen most of the time.
    Just out of curiosity...if you are going through the hassle of connecting the cable to the treo, why not just use the cable rather than bluetooth for the sync? It is a lot faster. (I'm kinda lost why this is an issue.)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Just out of curiosity...if you are going through the hassle of connecting the cable to the treo, why not just use the cable rather than bluetooth for the sync? It is a lot faster. (I'm kinda lost why this is an issue.)
    I'm not connecting the USB cable. I'm just using the cradle to charge it -- the cradle is plugged in to the wall outlet only. If I hook the USB cable up to sync that way, it puts the phone too close to my computer speakers and makes that scratchy buzzy noise we all hate.

So I was hoping to be able to just reach over and hit the button on the cradle, and have it do a bluetooth sync.

I suppose I'll just end up buying a USB extension cable.
    ah. Now I understand.