Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 650 that I have been using on TMO for a while now, and recently I got a job promotion which comes with a new AT&T cell phone. Of course this phone is a basic model and I want to keep my Treo, so I just took the SIM card out of the AT&T phone and it put in my Treo. Everything seems to work the same, except that it is still trying to connect to the TMO network for data. How do I change this? The Treo is a "Cingular" Treo, so realistically it should be going back to its "home" network now that I am using it on the former Cingular Network.
    You need to change the data settings. To do this go to prefs>communication>network. I'm not sure if the settings are different since cingular turned into AT&T. But you should call AT&T and make sure they know you have a treo (they'll ask for and tell you how to get your IMEI number so that all the services work properly on your phone) and they can also tell you the proper settings. But make sure you call from a phone other than your treo when you do this.
    Just be aware that once AT&T knows you have a Treo, they may push you to have a PDA data plan. Hence the advise by GnarMachine that you have to call from a phone other than your Treo.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well, this is a work phone, so I don't pay for it :P But I will try that, thanks.