Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I imagine this has been covered before, but today my battery dropped 85% over 8 hours and only one call was made and no internet use. It's been about 1-2 months since that has happened. Why does it do this? Very frustrating!
    is your bluetooth on?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    It happens randomly

Try a battery reset if that is not a fix

the battery will have to be replaced.
    what is a battery reset? and what is the difference between a soft and hard reset? I see people throwing these terms around everywhere and I only kind of understand a soft and hard reset....
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    A battery reset is when you push the reset button while the phone is plugged in.
    There isn't a reset button on the Centro the last time I checked. Unless I'm missing it. Unless you mean a regular reset which is just pulling the battery.

Soft reset is holding the "up" on the Centro until the Palm logo appears, And Hard Reset is when you hold the Power button down until the Palm log appears, then prompting you to delete all apps. Doing both of these while putting the battery back into the phone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And its late so I might be!
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlman View Post
    And Hard Reset is when you hold the Power button down until the Palm log appears, then prompting you to delete all apps. Doing both of these while putting the battery back into the phone.
    how would u do both of those while putting the battery back into the phone?? i think im confused
    Its kinda tricky the first time. Take out the battery. I usually hold the phone in my left hand face down in my palm. Use my first finger to hold down the Red phone button (power) while holding the phone in my hand. Then I use my right hand to put the battery back in the phone. ANd just keep holding the power button until the Palm logo appears and then release! !Voila! Hard Reset. But make sure you back up before doing that. Dont want to permanently get rid of all your stuff.

I guess I should have been more clear about the last sentence. I can see where it sounds funny. Sorry about that. hope this one is better.
    Last edited by pearlman; 02/21/2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: idiocy on my part
    Use mReset, it's a whole lot easier to cause a reset without having to remove the battery. After launching mReset, you can hold the power button down to force a hard reset or hold the five way up to force a warm reset.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Hitting the up button until the logo appears is not a soft reset is a warm reset

(a warm reset is like restarting a windows based computer in safe mode).
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    Hitting the up button until the logo appears is not a soft reset is a warm reset

(a warm reset is like restarting a windows based computer in safe mode).
    I'm not sure if you are quoting me above your post, but I stated holding the up will force a warm reset.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by davyboy04 View Post
    what is a battery reset? and what is the difference between a soft and hard reset? I see people throwing these terms around everywhere and I only kind of understand a soft and hard reset....
    Battery reset (short worded version):
    take out battery and SIM card
    plug in Centro
    count to 60 (aka wait one minute)
    put in SIM card
    put in battery
    don't touch device for 6-8hrs
    unplug charger
    remove and replace battery to reset

That should recalibrate your battery meter and have things working fine for you. Please also know that the percentage is not always the best indicator of how well your device is going. While 15% might seem like might, it could be the algorithms of the actual voltage and what is to be displayed on the meter that might be throwing things off some.

Hope that helps.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.