1. e40
    I was literally doing a side-by-side comparison because it seemed to me that I had to press harder on my Centro screen. Yep, definitely true in my case.

Anyone else notice this?

NOTE: I don't have a screen protector on my Centro yet, but I do on the 650. I would think that would increase the pressure needed on the 650.
    The Centro is rumored to have a "built in" screen protector and a very flimsy stylus. I always have to press much harder when using this Centro stylus. I have several all metal Treo ones that I leave at my desk and night stand that I grab to use with my Centro. They work so much better.
    To be honest, I don't seem to be pressing any harder on the Centro's screen. That said, I agree that the stylus is flimsy (I'm looking at Seidio's 2-in-1 really close), and I'm still going to put a screen protector on mine because I'm probably going to carry it in my pocket all the time rather than in a holster.
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    i've noticed it. alittle bit annoying. I thought it may be related the the crappy stylus. I;ve been meaning to grab and odd stylus to see if the heavier stylus would make a differance.

I added the screen protector anyway - for the time being. While the screen seems pretty durable, i didn't want to chanc it (3 treo's in the last few years, only one was scratched)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  5. e40
    In my tests, I used the Centro stylus on both the 650 and the Centro. It's definitely not because of the Stylus. Maybe I have a bum Centro.... well, it would be par for the course. 3 years ago when I got my 650 I had to exchange it because it crashed all the time. Good ole Palm quality.
    No
    Yes, I noticed this with the crummy stylus (also a recent 650->Centro emigree)

I sometimes carry a three-in-one pen/pencil/stylus which is a lot sturdier. I tend to use this when I'm using an application which requires a lot of stylus action.

For most apps I just use the 5-way, though, and often go the whole day without using a stylus.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Yes, I notices, but I will second (or third) on it is the stylus. I got Seidio 2-1 recently and noticed much better responses.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I have a pen stylus for my 650 that works so much better. I wish it fit in the centro, but I guess I have to spring for a Seidio.

The other day, I forgot my centro plastic stylus at home, so I was using my Nintendo DS stylus (a little bit fatter and shorter than the centro's) and even that was gliding smoothly on the centro screen. It also feels like the screen is "sticky" when I'm using the centro's stylus, but with the 650 or the DS's, I didn't get that feeling.
    I'm noticing it too....annoying.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Definitely pick up a Seidio 2 in 1 Pen stylus. Regardless of the fact that it's much sturdier, you'll always have a pen with you....

As for the touch screen, I'm happier than hell that it takes a little more pressure to push the dial pad. On the 650, using my fingers, I'd frequently push the same number several times on accident. The Centro is more responsive to my fingers and only dials the numbers I push!
  12. e40
    Definitely pick up a Seidio 2 in 1 Pen stylus... at $17.95 + shipping... damn, that's expensive.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e40 View Post
    Definitely pick up a Seidio 2 in 1 Pen stylus... at $17.95 + shipping... damn, that's expensive.
    that's for 3. one is $6.95.
    Are they on eBay yet? Crogs?