1.    #1  
    so we can only type in text messages with a character limit to 160 characters(im using the sprint verison). My question is i also have a treo 750v for ATT and i can type a message as long as i want, and it will automaically send the message in like 3 test messgaes but it would let me type it all in one message. Is there a way we can do this on the 755p or a hack or anything?

thanks!
    i have always wanted some sort of hack/patch for the 160 limit. Hopefully someone can do this.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    I don't know if this will work or not, but you can try it for free:

http://www.toysoft.ca/smspager.html

Looks like it doesn't currently. They did say they are looking into it on the forums though.
    Last edited by papped; 02/21/2008 at 04:23 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    i have always wanted some sort of hack/patch for the 160 limit. Hopefully someone can do this.
    yeah, i thought someone would already have something out already. No one else knows? what about getting rid of the "message is being sent" icon which freezes the phone for 5 seconds after pressing send? you cannot navigat anywhere else until the message is sent. ON the 750, u can leave the chat while it is still sending. Anyways, i am still more interested in removing the 160 character limit in the Palm OS anybody?????
    A while back there was an app, but only worked once or twice...If Toysoft came out with a new version, good luck!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I think its a carrier (cdma) limitation... even if a app was developed, the message would still get broken up into separate 160 character messages
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I think its a carrier (cdma) limitation... even if a app was developed, the message would still get broken up into separate 160 character messages
    Yeah it would. It wouldn't matter either because people receive the messages in the same limitation.

Hopefully smspager comes out with a new version that lets you type beyond 160 and breaks it up into multi-messages (not sure why they got rid of this).
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    Its not a carrier issue its a SMS limitation. It doesn't matter which carrier or network. I really don't know why someone hasn't created a newer program that breaks up the messages like everyone keeps refering to. If someone did I bet they would make a ton of money because it seems something like that is well sought after.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Its not a carrier issue its a SMS limitation. It doesn't matter which carrier or network. I really don't know why someone hasn't created a newer program that breaks up the messages like everyone keeps refering to. If someone did I bet they would make a ton of money because it seems something like that is well sought after.
    Each message can only be 160 characters. Sprint is unique at least in comparison to Verizon that they don't break up the messages into multiple ones (which would be awesome).

I'm thinking if it hasn't been done yet, it won't ever be done.

I hope someone can get rid of the 'Sending Message' popup, thats annoying. There is an app in the 755p section that lets you get rid of the Call Duration screen and conveniently saves your duration in the Call Log (you couldn't save it before).
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I heard of sending the txt message as a pic message and you can get past the 160 character limit.
    Yes, there's a 1000 character limit on MMS, but not everyone who has SMS also has MMS.. since it requires data usage as well.

I don't see what the big fuss is about no auto-split anyway... With Palm's Messaging & Chat all you have to do is type the first 160, send, wait a second, then continue typing. It's very convenient compared to a non-threaded, traditional SMS technique.

Oh yeah.. and you revived a 1-1/2 year old thread...
    Last edited by fstopstigmata; 08/22/2009 at 08:48 PM.