Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Waiting for the obsidian black. I'm hearing 3-4 weeks. If anyone out there sees availability at the retail store level please post here.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    I heard 6 weeks from one of the reps at a local store when I stopped in yesterday.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Im waiting as well.. but if i design myself a good enough skin.. i may just go with a white one.
    The Palm Developers Network (PDN) web site indicated 3-4 weeks following launch of the glacier white. Also for interest only, the Obsidian Black will be a different "color" from the Sprint black.
    Mark Bergman
    I am also waiting, but have the opposite problem as you. I'm in the UK, where only onyx black is available. I'm waiting for white or red. I hope it doesn't take more than a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    Also for interest only, the Obsidian Black will be a different "color" from the Sprint black.
    I've heard that the at&t black version will be a flat black, rather than having some "sparkle" like sprint's
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Check out this story on Palm Infocenter. Looks like there will be more colors available; White with gray highlighted keys, bright Red, dark Blue, and the flat Black mentioned in babydol's post. Not sure which colors go with which carrier though. I'm still hoping for that midnight blue for AT&T.
    Black or blue would be fine by me, I would even tolerate red, but I just cant bring myself to get either white, and being a guy, obviously pink is out, though I can say it would likely be the least likely to be stolen lol.

Hopefully it will be closer to the 3-4 week mark , than the 6 week, as those slow pokes already made everyone wait way too long on the phone itself.
    mmm.. the white and silver/grey looks nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Check out this story on Palm Infocenter. Looks like there will be more colors available; White with gray highlighted keys, bright Red, dark Blue, and the flat Black mentioned in babydol's post. Not sure which colors go with which carrier though. I'm still hoping for that midnight blue for AT&T.
    Just saw that....I got quoted! That's never happened before! Eek~!
    Has anyone picked up an availability update?
    Mark Bergman
    nope.. nothing yet.. probably at least not for another week or two.. otherwise maybe in 3+ weeks.

I have a feeling when they redo the rebate sheet, thats when the different colored centros will come out. rebate sheet is good through 4/7
    I was in a corporate store today and they said that the BLACK Centro was suppose to be in already, but expects them in any day. So they say. I'm tired of waiting, white is so ugly and girly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkim View Post
    Waiting for the obsidian black. I'm hearing 3-4 weeks. If anyone out there sees availability at the retail store level please post here.
    Strangely black is the only colour available here in Australia, unlocked GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dasbill View Post
    I was in a corporate store today and they said that the BLACK Centro was suppose to be in already, but expects them in any day. So they say. I'm tired of waiting, white is so ugly and girly.
    Why do you consider white to be girly? I think its just as sleek looking as black.
    I am waiting for the black as well, palm's official blog said in about a month from 02/19/08, so let's see if they are right
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    Why do you consider white to be girly? I think its just as sleek looking as black.
    I could see white being a girly color for a phone because the color white is light, and "slimming" to make it appear smaller than it really is.

black is more business acceptable, usually being the color of most phones used in the office. while white may appear to stand out, especially in a suit environment.

i personally like the white... but prefer to have a different colored phone than my sister and other friends, especially since they have the same phone.

white and silver would be neat... but ill most likely end up with black.
  18.    #18  
    I spoke with my connection at a corporate store today, and was told they just had a meeting on the Centro this morning, and that a rough estimate would be the end of March, or first week of April. Lets see how accurate this is.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by miztahsparklez View Post
    I could see white being a girly color for a phone because the color white is light, and "slimming" to make it appear smaller than it really is.
    Hmm, in the fashion sense, black is always more slimming. I'm not a big fan of white though...more partial to red.
    I asked an Att rep at a mall kiosk yesterday about other colors, and he wanted to sell me the white one, and then let me switch out once another color came out. He started off acting like they had other colors, but then couldnt "find" them, was he running a scam, or can they do that sort of thing. just seems like a waste of a new phone to give it to me and then have me turn it in when another color comes out.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast