Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If you have Been or plan to be involved in criminal activity I suggest you never ever under any circumstance touch the obsidian centro.

(doesn't really bother me though)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    Does the black AT&T version get rid of the camera shutter lag that seems to be apparent with some of the Sprint and white AT&T versions?
    I haven't compared the Obsidian camera shutter to that of the Glacier (using those proper names is such fun), but comparing the Obsidian Centro to my old 650, the 650 camera is MUCH faster. Alas, it appears the Centro shutter is indeed slower
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellygence Angye View Post
    [skipping happily 'round the office]

I don't know how many are at the store, but I get mine today!

Now my employees are doomed to text message directives that cannot be misinterpreted!

Thanks again, Bri Guy , for sharing the "intel" on the obsidian.

Knowledge is power.
    I'm sooooo glad to have been of any help, and even MORE glad that you now have the shiny (and a bit smudgy!) Obsidian Beauty! Enjoy it. It's the same 'ol Palm guts, but it's amazing what a new "suit" will do!
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    Just exchanged my inside-of-the-30-day-return-period Glacier White Centro for an Obsidian. Available at the Sunset Valley AT&T store in Austin, Texas.

Much more professional looking, IMHO.
    hmm.. perhaps ill have to venture into my local store...

im in california... hopefully its made it out here.

still no updates on premier..
  6.    #66  
    Picked mine up yesterday. So glad to get rid of that brick form factor. Been carrying it for a long time.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    I checked with my local ATT corp store on Friday evening and they had not received any. They put my name on a waiting list and called me around 2 pm saturday and said they got 2 in today! I habe to say I love the black. Had a white one for 3 weeks and sent it back in.

This one is a keeper!!!
    Mike
    Got mine yesterday in Philly! I went into the store around noon (after reading these posts) and the salesman I spoke to said they had over 30 boxes of stuff to unpack, and he'd call me if they unearthed a black Centro. And...by 1pm, they did! Apparently only 2 delivered to that store that day, but I'm sure more will be in soon. Thanks again, Bri, for the heads-up!
    i called my local store today.. they have 3! but i called them too late.. and they close at 7 =(

guess ill have to get my phone tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    my white centro(which i picked up a couple days after it first came out) had a problem with the headphone jack so i took it back on march 17 and got a new one. i tried to turn it in today for a black one (since i'm within 30 days of picking it up) and was told the original 30 days applied so i couldn't exchange it....talk about a heartbreaker!
    My black one also seems to have a better fitting battery cover.
    Mike
    So after weeks of waiting I have my New ATT Obsidian Black Centro. I did think it was going to be a flat black, not shiny. So instead of being 100% satisfied I'm only 99.9%. The phone is ALL it was hyped to be. After using it several days I am very pleased. The key pad works great, not to small to type. THIS IS A GREAT PHONE!
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    In stock in Glens Falls, NY now too. They received 2 and one is reserved for me! If we can get them here in the boondocks, then the entire country should have them.
    Mark Bergman
    WooHoo, it's Official now and they should be more available! Congrats to all those who have been able to get the Obsidian Black already!! Enjoy!
    Just placed my order on the Premier website. Hopefully they will process and ship quickly!
    PalmPilot Professional -> Visor Edge -> Tugsten|T -> Tungsten|E2 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Pasadena , CA in OLD TOWN

4 left..... = )
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    hmm it seems that the keypad is loose or something on mine.. the calendar and msg buttons seem to be not firmly attached to the rest of the phone like the top buttons are. it also seems like it sticks a bit because it isnt attached. i guess i need to go back to the store and get it exchanged under the 30 day policy.. =\
    Powered up and made some calls! Love the form factor, but (you guys weren't kidding) this shiny black surface is going to be maddening! It already looks like I've had the phone a week!
    PalmPilot Professional -> Visor Edge -> Tugsten|T -> Tungsten|E2 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by GTIguy View Post
    Powered up and made some calls! Love the form factor, but (you guys weren't kidding) this shiny black surface is going to be maddening! It already looks like I've had the phone a week!
    man mine looked like it was 5 years old after 15 minutes lol
    Like I said before... I thought it was going to be a flat black, not shiny. So instead of being 100% satisfied I was only 99.9%. On the other hand... a white one with green number keys 25% or less satisfied. Seidio Super Slim Rubberized Hard Case for Centro will not fit due to the slight variation with the new AT&T Centro. Hopefully Seidio will make a case to fit the AT&T phone soon. But they do not respond very quickly. On their web site it says NOTHING about it not fitting the AT&T Centro but TC did a write up this week saying "It will not fit the AT&T phone.
    * By the way I know this isn't the thread for accessories but for us who think this phone is too shiny we can change the look of it soon... I hope.
    If any one knows a SLIM case in flat black is out there please post for us.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast