Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Just for grins, I e-mailed AT&T about the launch date for black. This is what their response "According to my notes, we plan to debut a second color -- "obsidian black" -- around March 19, 2008, although that date is not definite. "
    Mark Bergman
    Only a couple more days to wait... maybe.
    OK... so it has been a month. Where is the AT&T black model? Has anyone gotten a firm date when it will go on sale? I asked at the local AT&T store (not a company store) and was told the 26th. Not sure if they really knew. I'm ready... I already got a micro sd card and case. Where's the phone?
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one who orders the accessories before the phone is even available!
    Mark Bergman
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one who orders the accessories before the phone is even available!
    Count me in that club as well!

Come on AT&T! Give us a Black Centro! Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    OK... so it has been a month. Where is the AT&T black model? Has anyone gotten a firm date when it will go on sale? I asked at the local AT&T store (not a company store) and was told the 26th. Not sure if they really knew. I'm ready... I already got a micro sd card and case. Where's the phone?
    I guess this gives me time to order the 8 gig card and return my 4.

as for the 26th ill believe it when i see it considering how "late" the white one was in its debute after sprints exclusivity ran out, on the bright side how long can it take for them to swap the case to a black or blue.
    Well it's following the same pattern as it did at the end of Sprint. The white AT&T is now on sale for $49 I think it's at Best Buy. Trying to sale some quick getting ready for... that's right, the "Obsidian Black". The white and green color combo was not a hit. At least for me and I believe a lot of others.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Well it's following the same pattern as it did at the end of Sprint. The white AT&T is now on sale for $49 I think it's at Best Buy. Trying to sale some quick getting ready for... that's right, the "Obsidian Black". The white and green color combo was not a hit. At least for me and I believe a lot of others.
    it reminds me of a quote i read on the "official" palm blog where someone said it looked like it was something marketed toward teenage girls, my sister for example loves lime green, but for the rest of us something a little more normal would better suffice, its like the pink treo, its not something that most of the male population is likely to ever touch (though as a theft deterrent I can see it as i used to keep a pink lighter when i smoked and let me tell you it NEVER dissapeared because both men and women would shun it like it had the plague) but a 99 cent lighter and an electronic device are two different beast
    I called AT&T
    I called a company AT&T store
    I called a vendor AT&T store
    None of these were able to give me an Availability for the black model. Has ANYONE been able to get a availability date.
    A local AT&T store (not a company store) told me last week it would be the 26th.
    Others think it will be when the current rebate offer ends 4-7-08.
    I've almost decided to get the white one and paint it black, lol. Just kidding.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    My ATT sources continue to tell me that the black model is now late and that they have received no updates and, therefore, expect it any day. Their advice; check the ATT site daily (as I've been doing). I now have a rep who has promised to call or e-mail as soon as she sees the phone available. Apparently she has been watching for it for herself so I have someone motivated watching.
    Mark Bergman
    There are (or at least were last night) a couple of AT&T branded black Centro's for sale on E-bay. They were offered "Hasn't been released..." etc, so I figure they've at least been shipped to SOME stores...

for E-bay ad (not mine) CLICK HERE.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/e2/89/6c0d_1.JPG

<holds breath>

Mals
    I called AT&T
    I called a company AT&T store
    I called a vendor AT&T store
    None of these were able to give me an Availability for the black model. Has ANYONE been able to get a availability date.
    A local AT&T store (not a company store) told me last week it would be the 26th.
    Others think it will be when the current rebate offer ends 4-7-08.
    I've almost decided to get the white one and paint it black, lol. Just kidding.
    funny you say that.. i painted my 650 white and black.. lol looks quite nice actually. for pictures check the 650 forums.

as for our beloved black centro... i still havent had any updates yet.

is it me or does that att logo look slanted in the picture above?
    Did anyone else notice that the seller of the eBay ATT Centro has a feedback score of "0"?
    Call me a skeptic, but I'd be reluctant to bid on this one under the best of circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    There are (or at least were last night) a couple of AT&T branded black Centro's for sale on E-bay. They were offered "Hasn't been released..." etc, so I figure they've at least been shipped to SOME stores...

for E-bay ad (not mine) CLICK HERE.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/e2/89/6c0d_1.JPG

<holds breath>

Mals
    Mark Bergman
    Did anyone else notice that the seller of the eBay ATT Centro has a feedback score of "0"?
    Yep, I noticed that right off and thought the same thing you did.
  15. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Maybe TreoCentral should do more giveaways for when the phone launches (like WMExperts is doing for the 800w). I'd go for that for an unlocked midnight blue Centro...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    Call me a skeptic, but I'd be reluctant to bid on this one under the best of circumstances.
    I saw that too, but two that sold the night before had a seller with ~670 positive feedbacks...

Ad 1

Ad 2

Mals
    ok... so if "pre-launch" black Centros exist, how long till they're "launched" for the rest of us?
    I know, I know, I'm asking the same thing as everyone else. Just can't contain my impatience!
    well considering that both phones are listed as located in a suburb of Atlanta, I would think that the rumors are true and that at least of couple of people impatiently got took for 300 plus each on something that we will likely see in a couple of days. thought the sales folk at my local store are still clueless.

Hey on a side note what on earth are those green black and white "pills" or candy that look like they are in the package in the ebay ads?
    Hmmm, not sure but they look like some M&M's to me chris777. Makes me think of the different colors of the Centros too; the White with Green keys, and the Black. Now I'm craving M&M's! Darn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Hmmm, not sure but they look like some M&M's to me chris777. Makes me think of the different colors of the Centros too; the White with Green keys, and the Black. Now I'm craving M&M's! Darn it!
    centro flavored skittles mmmmmm plastic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast