Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    My local AT&T store, which has been so good to me the last 4 years, is an authorized dealer for AT&T and not a corporate store. As a result, they weren't able to order Centros until February 19. I asked them to place a special order to have one overnighted to them at my cost. As of today, they still don't have any Centros and say if they don't come in today's shipment, it may be tomorrow or Monday. Meanwhile a corporate store, which BTW is even closer location-wise than MY store, has them in stock!

Talk about frustration! I could get one today but I'd be screwing my original store out of their residuals....it's getting very tempting though.

Ok, I'm done venting....
    Miller,

You're alot nicer than I am. My local atnt authorized dealer was Spring, they were nice guys but idiots when I asked about the Centro last week, I went to a coporate store in Friday, and they sold me their display unit/only unit (they didn't even take it out of the box yet). Go to the corporate store and get a new centro today. Those authorized stores arent going hungry.

had
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hadouken View Post
    Miller,

You're alot nicer than I am. My local atnt authorized dealer was Spring, they were nice guys but idiots when I asked about the Centro last week, I went to a coporate store in Friday, and they sold me their display unit/only unit (they didn't even take it out of the box yet). Go to the corporate store and get a new centro today. Those authorized stores arent going hungry.

had
    I agree with hadouken, miller. Go get your phone. You are the customer; they should be worried about you more than they seem to be.
    tim
    If the store you're being loyal to is going to charge you for overnight, I would say they aren't loyal to you as a good customer so go get it at the other store. However, if they are paying for the shipping, which should've been in today, I would say to give them one more day. If it's not in tomorrow, nicely tell them that you were willing to pay the shipping to have it in Thursday, but you can't wait any longer and go to the corporate store.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    If the store you're being loyal to is going to charge you for overnight, I would say they aren't loyal to you as a good customer so go get it at the other store. However, if they are paying for the shipping, which should've been in today, I would say to give them one more day. If it's not in tomorrow, nicely tell them that you were willing to pay the shipping to have it in Thursday, but you can't wait any longer and go to the corporate store.

That's what I ended up doing. Now I need to spend some time getting all my apps onto it.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    That's what I ended up doing. Now I need to spend some time getting all my apps onto it.
    The sad part is, this was supposed to be a happy thing for you. Instead, they put you through the ringer.

I will say this, M. There's not too many people left in this country that would have been so thoughtful towards that store.

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy!!!
    tim
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    The sad part is, this was supposed to be a happy thing for you. Instead, they put you through the ringer.

I will say this, M. There's not too many people left in this country that would have been so thoughtful towards that store.

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy!!!
    Thanks. I almost forgot one other thing. I hadn't upgraded in 4 years since I got my Treo650. As a result, the Centro cost me $99, plus tax it was about $107 and I get a $100 rebate. It's one of the best $7 purchases I've ever made!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    ...As a result, the Centro cost me $99, plus tax it was about $107 and I get a $100 rebate. It's one of the best $7 purchases I've ever made!
    HUH??? How does that work?
    tim
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    HUH??? How does that work?

It is a beautiful thing....it reminds me of when someone else picks up the tab at dinner....the food's always hotter and fresher, the beer's always colder....

when it's free

I've got my Centro set up as good or better than I had my Treo650...and for those of you who didn't think you'd like white? It's a nice looking phone. you should go see it and then decide.
    I was going to say its $99 after rebate, but then again I think I paid $157 for mine at Sprint online and got a $100 rebate so I guess its possible. Then again I just got a $58 credit for all the wrong taxes I was over charged for the last four months.
    The messed up thing is many of the small businesses don't bother to return the favor.

My pharmacy of 10 plus years decided to retire, and when his independent deal fell through, he just up and sold to a chain, and didn't even tell us the last day he was open, we all just ended up seeing a sign on his door directing us to the other pharmacy and the hassle of that mess. I want to go to another independent, but i do feel a bit singed.

But its like several other posters have stated, ultimately business is business, and even if they have done you favors before, ultimately they will do whats best for them, in most cases.