1.    #1  
    Hi All,

For a friend, I'm trying to restore data from a dead 680 on to a working 650. AT&T. I've got three NVbackup data sets on an SD card that is readable. NVbackup appears to copy data, but none of it is actually on the treo itself post-restore. It doesn't seem to matter if I try a full restore or just PIM data or a random app, it looks like things are happening, very quickly, but nothing actually is. The data is compressed, I think, so I can't just copy PIM stuff either... Filez can't even copy working apps onto the palm...

I just did a 650 custom rom, but only to replace FATFS with Fat32. Seemed to work fine. I guess I could try again. Any other ideas, or helpful advice?

Thanks,
    Orin
    Quote Originally Posted by orinjohnson View Post
    Hi All,

For a friend, I'm trying to restore data from a dead 680 on to a working 650. AT&T. I've got three NVbackup data sets on an SD card that is readable. NVbackup appears to copy data, but none of it is actually on the treo itself post-restore. It doesn't seem to matter if I try a full restore or just PIM data or a random app, it looks like things are happening, very quickly, but nothing actually is. The data is compressed, I think, so I can't just copy PIM stuff either... Filez can't even copy working apps onto the palm...

I just did a 650 custom rom, but only to replace FATFS with Fat32. Seemed to work fine. I guess I could try again. Any other ideas, or helpful advice?

Thanks,
    Orin
    Do both phones have the same user ID? If not, that's probably why it's not restoring it onto the 650.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Read the release notes for NVBackup. Simple restore is likely not possible.
  4.    #4  
    Aha. Makes sense, the username thing. turned out the 680, which we thought was a goner, was able to hotsync. So, did it that way, and now all is well. Thanks for advice and stuff.