Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Id like to confirm if my theory is true....

AT&T's little hump for the speaker may be too large to fit into perfect fit cases, such as crystal cases. If this is the case, many of these cases will not work/fit.

Has anyone attempted to use a case like this on the AT&T centro?
    I have a Sprint Centro and just tried this case - I'm sending it back today. It scratches super easily and captures every bit of dust and lint between the case and the phone.

After two weeks - it looked awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    I have a Sprint Centro and just tried this case - I'm sending it back today. It scratches super easily and captures every bit of dust and lint between the case and the phone.

After two weeks - it looked awful.
    Me too. I know the question here is meant to see if it would fit because of the different plate on the back. I look at every scratch on the case and think how nice they are on it, and not on the phone. They really don't show up too bad, and I don't have that many. I actually take it apart every week to wipe out the inside.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4.    #4  
    Guess i may be the first one.. my case is supposed to be shipped.. but it hasnt even left palm's warehouse. tracking just says received billing info.

the centro should be here soon though.
    little hump? the area around the speaker and camera is already raised on the sprint version. Is it raised even more on the ATT version?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    little hump? the area around the speaker and camera is already raised on the sprint version. Is it raised even more on the ATT version?
    Yeah. Check out the bottom picture in this review: http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1548-1.htm

The review says:
    The silver ridge on the back of the AT&T Centro is actually the only spot on the entire exterior of the phone that differs from the Sprint version. Palm has added a very subtle curve / ridge to the bottom of that silver section. That ridge is nice because it means when the Centro is lying flat on the desk, the speaker isn't completely flush with the desk but just barely raised -- preventing it from being muffled.
    well that was a bonehead move by them... The tolerances on the crystal type cases that I have are pretty tight, but if they are the flexible plastic it might not make much of a difference. The true crystal ones might not have as much flex to them. So I have a feeling gsm owners are screwed in that respect. I'm sure some of the injection molding mfg's will be annoyed they have to make two separate cases.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I'm sure some of the injection molding mfg's will be annoyed they have to make two separate cases.
    Well, only have to make two different types of backs to the case. But, I think they'd be used to that as every model before this was changed a little making cases useless on each. The 650s, 700s & 755s all had the camera in a different location.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    still pretty easy to make a generic back that leaves more exposed to cover different camera positions. But I'm sure many manufacturers produced and many resellers bought counting on the cases fitting the gsm centros as well. Shame they didn't send out the gsm version as a model for mfg's. Designing for that wouldn't affect the fit of the cdma version, and I can't imagine anyone really feeling a noticable difference in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Well, only have to make two different types of backs to the case. But, I think they'd be used to that as every model before this was changed a little making cases useless on each. The 650s, 700s & 755s all had the camera in a different location.
    Well I can't vouch for the sprint crystal case, but the Cellet rubberized case fits the gsm centro just fine. I just went to the store and tried it out. No worries. Actually, I think the pictures accentuate the hump more than what it really is. That Cellet case has been the tightest fitting crystal case I've tried so far. I would think for as minimal as that hump is, there would only be the slightest amount of flex to allow that would still allow the case to snap shut.
  11.    #11  
    Well I can't vouch for the sprint crystal case, but the Cellet rubberized case fits the gsm centro just fine. I just went to the store and tried it out. No worries. Actually, I think the pictures accentuate the hump more than what it really is. That Cellet case has been the tightest fitting crystal case I've tried so far. I would think for as minimal as that hump is, there would only be the slightest amount of flex to allow that would still allow the case to snap shut.

good to know my air case should be coming in wednesday, so ill have an update then.
    Likewise, the crystal case that Sprint sells in their stores fits my GSM Centro perfectly.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins View Post
    Likewise, the crystal case that Sprint sells in their stores fits my GSM Centro perfectly.
    I'll have to check them out. Just got my Centro and need to protect it.
    same here. I need to buy me a case. Just got the phone recently.

miztahsparklez - arent' you jason?
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
  15.    #15  
    indeed. lol i thought your sn/avatar looked familiar. haha

on another note.. stuff should be coming in today/tomorrow i think.
  16.    #16  
    Got the palm air case today.

Looks awesome. and if you look closely at the back, the case is built with that little ridge so it would fit both phones without any problems.
    Just picked up the Sprint plastic clear case today.
    Works great with the AT&T GSM Centro.
    I don't notice any bulging with the extra bump on the back speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by miztahsparklez View Post
    indeed. lol i thought your sn/avatar looked familiar. haha

on another note.. stuff should be coming in today/tomorrow i think.
    hahaha. I knew that's you. I need to buy me a case too.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    The Sprint crystal case fits my AT&T Centro just fine...but how in the world do you take this thing apart? It's supposed to "slide" but that doesn't work. How do I free my Centro from it's death grip?
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan View Post
    The Sprint crystal case fits my AT&T Centro just fine...but how in the world do you take this thing apart? It's supposed to "slide" but that doesn't work. How do I free my Centro from it's death grip?
    Yeah it's tough.
    I suggest taking a small thin card and sliding it between the case.
    Or try prying it on one side with your fingernail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast