Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt View Post
    Yeah it's tough.
    I suggest taking a small thin card and sliding it between the case.
    Or try prying it on one side with your fingernail.
    So it doesn't "slide"? I should just pry it apart?
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan View Post
    So it doesn't "slide"? I should just pry it apart?
    Yeah, you can't slide it off when it's on the phone since it hugs all sides of the Centro.
    My Pink centro has this "hump" and I'm on Sprint - why is it there? My black Centro doesn't have this design "feature"

Quote Originally Posted by miztahsparklez View Post
    Id like to confirm if my theory is true....

AT&T's little hump for the speaker may be too large to fit into perfect fit cases, such as crystal cases. If this is the case, many of these cases will not work/fit.

Has anyone attempted to use a case like this on the AT&T centro?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan View Post
    The Sprint crystal case fits my AT&T Centro just fine...but how in the world do you take this thing apart?
    I can't see how it could possibly slide once it's on the phone. I find I can get mine apart by squeezing the case diagonally - front on one side and rear on the other side. Once you get one of the longer latches undone, the others rapidly follow suit.

(I also discovered that it springs apart rather easily if you drop it onto a carpeted floor. )
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    My Pink centro has this "hump" and I'm on Sprint - why is it there?
    One theory is that it prevents the speaker getting muffled if you lay the device on a flat surface, since the lip keeps the speaker clear of the surface by a millimeter or so.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins View Post
    One theory is that it prevents the speaker getting muffled if you lay the device on a flat surface, since the lip keeps the speaker clear of the surface by a millimeter or so.
    That makes complete sense because there is a considerable difference when the unit is on a flat surface. I wondered if it kept the camera lens from getting scratched or something. Cool, glad to know!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12