Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Hello All,

I have been using POP3 Yahoo address for sometime now with Versamail. I just switched to IMAP Gmail address. I am wondering how sync my folders.

What I am really looking to do is when I send an email from my 755 I would like that same email to appear in the "Sent Mail" folder on the Gmail Server and visa versa.

I dont use Outlook or any other email client on my desktop. I just sign into Gmail when online.

Detail instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I think you need only to use the IMAP feature if you are using an email client to get your mail. You can always just use Blazer browser and go to m.gmail.com and you will see all of your folders there, just like online on your computer. If you want to use an email client, I use ChatterEmail to get my gmail and it works perfect, all email interaction on my phone shows up online on the PC.

Also, on the gmail website there is info on how to configure IMAP for your client. they should have all the settings you need to set up versamail, if that is what you want to use.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I think you need only to use the IMAP feature if you are using an email client to get your mail. You can always just use Blazer browser and go to m.gmail.com and you will see all of your folders there, just like online on your computer. If you want to use an email client, I use ChatterEmail to get my gmail and it works perfect, all email interaction on my phone shows up online on the PC.

Also, on the gmail website there is info on how to configure IMAP for your client. they should have all the settings you need to set up versamail, if that is what you want to use.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Last year I tried using Chatter with my POP3 address. I had an issue with Chatter downloading attachments consistantly. I am a basketball official I am on the road alot and sometimes I get schedules and schedule changes as email attachments.

When Chatter started acting up Chatter kinda "fired" itself. Checking thru Blazer is not an option.

I do have IMAP feature checked in Gmail but hitting the "sync folders" button in Versamail doesnt seem to sync.
    If you are on Sprint, Sprint Mobile Email seems to work fine for me when it comes to downloading email attachments through Gmail IMAP.

The only issue is I don't have "other" folders so I can't really comment on that part.
    download and install versamail 4.01 for the Centro. the version that comes with the 755p does not work correctly. be sure to set your root folder in preferences to [Gmail]/
    Matty
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I tried Sprint Mobile Email also. The issue I had with that is I read on this board that Sprint's Email app somehow uses text messaging. When I saw a charge on my bill I couldn't explain I called Cust. Care. They told me it was the Sprint Mail. At 1st they weren't sure but they then said that was the reason.

I can't remember the amount but I was never really that impressed with Sprints Mobile Email anyway so I figured it was no big loss.

Can anyone confirm or refute that the app uses texting?
    SME does use sms.

This is how it "pushes" email to your phone without draining the battery or needing to remain connected to the server.

However if you disable the "push" feature for all accounts and pull instead, I would imagine it wouldn't need sms then.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    download and install versamail 4.01 for the Centro. the version that comes with the 755p does not work correctly. be sure to set your root folder in preferences to [Gmail]/
    I just downloaded VersaMail 4.1 to my 755p phone. It finally works with my GMail. Meaning that I have two gmail email accounts. Both configured the same way and the one I use for fun, joke emails and crap, that always worked but the other one I use for more serious stuff, such as orders sending out docs, didn't work. Even when IMAP became available. I tried enabling and disabling same problem.

Download and install the versaMail and now it works. The only other thing is that it also downloaded a whole lot of files and other crap to my device. I went from 40 Megs down to 34 Megs of free space on my device.

Not too sure what I can delete.
    Looks like Versamail 4.01 (77) is working on my 755p so far. Got a couple weird errors at first, but all seems well now.
    Palm Treo 755p (Sprint)
    Previously owned: Cingular 650, Sprint 700wx, Sprint 700p