Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Quote:

    "New color form factors in Ruby, Onyx, Midnight Blue, Pink, and
    Glacier White. (Colors vary by carrier.)"

    Hadn't heard about the Midnight blue Centro before. I guess it may be news to some of you guys aswell. My 755P in Midnight Blue looks terrific, I am sure the Centro version will too.
    Last edited by clievideo; 02/20/2008 at 03:37 PM.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
  2. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by clievideo View Post
    Quote:

    "New color form factors in Ruby, Onyx, Midnight Blue, Pink, and
    Glacier White. (Colors vary by carrier.)"

    Hadn't heard about the Midnight blue Centro before. I guess it may be news to some of you guys aswell. My 755P in Midnight Blue looks terrific, I am sure the Centro version will too.
    Quote from where? I looked on the Palm site and saw nothing like this.
    tim
  3. #3  
    Midnight Blue might go to T-Mobile.


  4. #4  
    I hope that AT&T gets that color. It's the color I've been wishing for. I love it on my Treo 750! Plus it's my favorite color. I really like the powdery Pink Centro too.
  5. #5  
    that would be a neat color...I'm still hoping that at&t will get the pink centro...its adorable. I stopped in today to take a look at the white, but all they had was a dummy model (and an annoying as hell lady who wouldn't leave me alone). She did mention that they're going to be getting the black model "in maybe about 6 weeks" yet its already showing up on the website.

    Hmm.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  6. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #6  
    Will SOMEONE please answer the question "Where did this quote come from?"

    Or, are we just wishing for something that some phone company might do, sometime, maybe?
    tim
  7. #7  
    Palm site only shows white, pink, red & black for Centro.
  8. #8  
    I believe it's an email that was sent to Palm Developers, by Palm.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I believe it's an email that was sent to Palm Developers, by Palm.
    Yes, that's where the info is from.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
  10. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #10  
    I hope the Blue goes to T-Mobile b/c I just bought a white one from AT&T. I would be very BITTER if AT&T gets that color.. very....
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  11. #11  
    I caught that also...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  12. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    I hope the Blue goes to T-Mobile b/c I just bought a white one from AT&T. I would be very BITTER if AT&T gets that color.. very....
    Not as mad as my wife and all those other women who want the pink one if THAT were to come out on ATT after they bought their white one!!!
    tim
  13. #13  
    About 10 seconds into the video linked below it shows the GSM Centro in 5 colours and identifies the green number-pad version as AT&T only. Interesting.

    http://learning.palm.com/splg/centro_gsm/
  14. LennyV's Avatar
    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #14  
    Hmmm the video shows another white one but with white keys instead of green keys. I hope sprint will get that one.

    The video does not show a pink one though. The blue look nice.

    I wish the red was more of a 755p burgundy color. That has been my favorite. Stands out but not in your face red.

    I don't understand why they make colors carrier specific.
    Lenny


    Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

    [Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Hmmm the video shows another white one but with white keys instead of green keys. I hope sprint will get that one.

    The video does not show a pink one though. The blue look nice.

    I wish the red was more of a 755p burgundy color. That has been my favorite. Stands out but not in your face red.

    I don't understand why they make colors carrier specific.
    They make it carrier specific so the carriers have an edge over competitors. So say if you wanted the pink centro, you would have to go to sprint to get it. or if you wanted a white one, you would have to go to ATT. its lame.. but thats just one way to expand the "feature" set of the device.
  16. #16  
    Its also carrier identity, like the post above. Everyone knows you need ATNT if you want an iphone. Now when you see a white Centro people know you're with ATNT. People know I have Sero with my black Centro.
  17. #17  
    Went to a Palm user group meeting yesterday. Saw a Maroon color Centro and was told it is the unit given by Palm to distributors. It is a full function Centro.

Posting Permissions